What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 Season News (2017)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Yeah, for half of them it's already the offseason. (Felt soooooo good to type that.)

UCLA has some monster holes to fill on its DL for 2017. Lose 3/4 starters.

Football Scoop:
Fresno State: Source tells FootballScoop Jeff Tedford has offered a senior position on Fresno State’s staff to Arizona offensive line coach Jim Michalczik. Michalczik and Tedford have a deep relationship including working together for years at Cal. Will update…

This would be a huge hit for Rich Rod and Arizona. Michalczik's offensive lines have been the key to the success at Arizona. Defense is already in disarray. That offense goes as its OL goes. Michalczik had been Tedford's AHC and OL coach during his best days at Cal before leaving for the NFL for a bit.

I don't think that is a huge loss for Arizona.
Hmm.

My initial reaction was a strong one.

Then I thought about how little (and how mediocrely) he played this year. And that they have a younger guy that played ok and looks to have more tools - and may be less fragile.

So, not holy **** level. Still, kinda crazy.

Hmm.

Then I thought about how little (and how mediocrely) he played this year. And that they have a younger guy that played ok and looks to have more tools - and may be less fragile.

It actually makes a lot of sense. He was unlikely to unseat Dawkins as the starter for 2017. I think the bigger issue would be if you saw one of the younger QBs transfer.

That would help clear the deck for.... Rhett Rodriguez, and it would be glorious.

It actually makes a lot of sense. He was unlikely to unseat Dawkins as the starter for 2017. I think the bigger issue would be if you saw one of the younger QBs transfer.

That would help clear the deck for.... Rhett Rodriguez, and it would be glorious.
I would really, really, really, really, REALLY enjoy that shoe being on the other foot.

Hmm.

I thought you meant because, where's he gonna go? G5? Cal?

Please, please, please let the Rhett Rodriguez era begin at AZ......we'll know for sure when Dawkins develops previously unknown TE or Safety skills.

From FootballScoop:

Cal: Defensive coordinator Art Kaufman will not return to the staff Cal has now announced. Cal’s release adds that they “Wish him the best in future coaching endeavors.” This was Kaufman’s 35th season in coaching including 18 as a defensive coordinator.

From FootballScoop:

Cal: Defensive coordinator Art Kaufman will not return to the staff Cal has now announced. Cal’s release adds that they “Wish him the best in future coaching endeavors.” This was Kaufman’s 35th season in coaching including 18 as a defensive coordinator.

This was expected. Cal board (BearInsider) pretty much believed that getting rid of Kaufman was a requirement if Dykes wanted to keep his job. But that's now 2 DCs he has had to get rid of. It's his last chance. fwiw, Kaufman had a great resume before he got to Cal. Issues with the defense are probably not due to him even though he became the fall guy.

Back