What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 on the road

CVilleBuff

With all the talk of the Buffs on the road, let's compare to how our conference foes fare in true road games

Colorado -- 4-6 overall, 3-4 Pac ...if you count the Tucson cheat it's 5-5, 4-3
Arizona -- 6-1 overall, 4-1 Pac
Oregon -- 4-3 overall, 3-2 Pac
UCLA -- 3-1 overall, 3-1 Pac
Arizona State -- 3-2 overall, 2-2 Pac
Stanford -- 3-5 overall, 2-4 Pac
Cal -- 4-5 overall, 3-4 Pac
Washington -- 4-5 overall, 3-4 overall
USC -- 2-6 overall, 2-3 Pac
Oregon State -- 1-4 overall, 1-3 Pac
Washington State --1-6 overall, 1-5 Pac
Utah -- 2-7 overall, 1-5 Pac

Yep. Plus we're 3-0 on neutral courts this year. Buffs are a great team at home. I think sometimes we over-criticize them on the road because of how much they drop off. But the rule of thumb is that young players and reserves generally play poorly on the road. We pretty much only have young players among those who log a lot of minutes.

Yep. Plus we're 3-0 on neutral courts this year. Buffs are a great team at home. I think sometimes we over-criticize them on the road because of how much they drop off. But the rule of thumb is that young players and reserves generally play poorly on the road. We pretty much only have young players among those who log a lot of minutes.

Also, one of our road losses was actually a win.

Not to state the obvious, but this was MAJOR progress for this team to get a the road sweep. I think this was the week that broke the road monkey once and for all. The road will always be brutal and we'll always lose some tough ones, but in coming seasons it's going to be about finding a way to do 5-4 on the road or better in the Pac. We can start beating mid-tier teams away with some consistency. The win at Oregon followed by Oregon State tonight frankly shows me far more about this team's maturing than any big single home win would do. Need to cap it off with a win in the Bay Area.

It's nights look tonight I look back fondly on that day in early March 2010, when I was screaming and hollering when the Buffs finally broke 'the streak' by beating Nebraska 81-68 in Lincoln.

Last edited:
Back