1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pac-12 Postseason Tracker

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Buffnik, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Obviously, the NCAA Tourney is what matters.

Here are the Pac-12 teams in the Dance:

Arizona (6 - West)
    UCLA (6 - South)
    Colorado (10 - East)
    Cal (12 - East)
    Oregon (12 - Midwest)

But the NIT and even the CBI can launch a team into next year ('12 CBI winner was Pitt, '11 was Oregon and '10 was VCU) or at least be a good bump for conference rep.

Here are our NIT teams:

Arizona State (3)
    Stanford (4)
    Washington (6)

We didn't have anyone accept a CBI bid. I briefly spoke to Utah's Larry Krystowiak (he was on my flight home from Vegas that went through SLC). Sounds like they turned down the bid because they didn't think it was worth it to play a road CBI game. On that note, I had to laugh when I saw that the Longhorns agreed to play in the CBI and go on the road to do it. :lol:

2. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Note that Oregon State didn't make another CBI appearance. Craig Robinson is already CBI hall of fame worthy.

You never know how teams will act in the NIT, but it would not at all surprise me to see Arizona State make MSG. Washington has it tough visiting BYU (Cougs will likely be up for hosting a Pac-12 opponent) but if they can make it through that one, they're in the weakest region with Southern Miss as the 1. Stanford won it last year.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  3. CVilleBuff

Washington falls at BYU, 90-79. No surprise. BYU is always going to be pumped to try and take down a Pac-12 team on their home court.

Huskies end the season 18-16.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  4. Buffnik

Romar cannot be feeling comfortable after the way the last two seasons have ended up. Program is not on a good trajectory. I wonder how patient they'll be with him considering all that he had previously accomplished.

5. CVilleBuff

Things seem to be getting stale in Seattle. Wouldn't shock me if they decided to make a move if next season resembles this one. He survived a two year downturn in '06/'07 and '07/'08 before picking things back up again though, so they may dig out of this. Have my doubts, personally.

6. JJBuff

JJBuff Club Member Club Member

Quote from Bill Walton tonight, "The laws of Physics were developed right here at Stanford."

Love it.

CVilleBuff likes this.
  7. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Stanford had three layups, all uncontested. Missed um all. SFA goes down hits a 3 and its within 1 with 1 minutes left.

8. CVilleBuff

Stanford wins 58-57 over Stephen F. Austin. Stanford now 19-14, plays @ Alabama next.

9. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

If they can land Aaron Gordon, and pair him with Nigel Williams-Goss, they'll be fine next year.

10. Buffnik

So much depends on whether Wilcox comes back. They can't afford to lose their leading scorer in addition to #s 2-4.

11. CVilleBuff

Arizona State bullying their way over Detroit. 46-25 late in the first half, Sun Devils out-rebounding Detroit ​24-5.

12. CVilleBuff

Arizona State defeats Detroit 83-68. They'll be visiting Baylor next.

13. Buffnik

Won't be watching that one. The only thing that I would possibly enjoy would be if Bachynski and Heslip got into a collision that would make drunk NASCAR fans need to turn away from the tv screen.

14. CVilleBuff

My thoughts exactly. That's a stadium full of ****ers if there ever was one. Fitting they're in the tournament to determine the best mediocre team in the country. In all likelihood, the winner of this one goes to MSG, imo. Southern Miss is the 1 seed in that backet, and I'm just not buying Southern Miss. Hilarious that Baylor felt the need to keep starters in and try and make a statement that they were snubbed. Baylor wasn't even on the radar in the committee room, and quite rightfully so.

15. Buffalo Brad

Buffalo Brad Club Member Club Member

That is a whole lot of wine and cheese on one court. That collision would be full of so much win, top 10 worth on Espn for sure

16. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Bailer prolly wins. Every time a sun-thug breaths on a bailer player, a foul will be called.

17. Buffnik

ASU lost a close one to Baylor, 89-86. While ASU had a surprisingly good season, I think it's likely that 2013-14 puts Sendek back on the hot seat. Carson is going to the NBA and both Colvin and Felix graduate. Gordon, Gilling and Bachynski is not a "big 3" that's going to keep many opposing up at night worrying about the gameplan. And their 2013 recruiting class was the worst in the conference.

Stanford fell to Alabama today. Dawkins' squad really underperformed this year. I don't know how you can have Powell, Huestis and Randle but go 19-15 on the season. Can you say "hot seat"?

These losses close out the Pac-12 season other than the NCAA Tourney.