1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pac-12 Presidents vote to end BCS...

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

2. Creebuzz

Creebuzz Club Member Club Member

I realize this is early discussions, but this article left me with a lot of questions. Any thoughts on what would happen to the 25+ bowls and how the playoff teams would be selected? It seems like under a four team playoff, there would be even less chance of a mid major moving in.

3. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

THEY'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE!!!!!!

4. The Guest

The Guest Guest

I'm okay with that.

5. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

^^^^ total dick.

6. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Exactly. In fact, I would have to say it's pretty much what I was hoping for.... :smile2:

7. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

promise?

8. azbuff

azbuff Club Member Club Member

Larry wants what he wants, I guess. I'm having a hard time reconciling his Rose Bowl demands with his playoff demands. I hope he realizes that a playoff probably ends the Big-10/Pac-12 match-up in the Rose Bowl.

EDIT: I'd much rather have a playoff, I'm just not sure Scott can get what he wants this time, and what he wants isn't even clear.

9. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I think what the Pac-12 wants (along with the B1G) is that the winners of our conferences play each other in the Rose Bowl and whichever team wins plays in the national championship game.

10. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

I think we should move the rose bowl to Vegas

When should we expect mtnbuffs novel on why we shouldnt being fixing what isn't broken?

11. azbuff

azbuff Club Member Club Member

You're right Nik, I just figured it out in my head. Division winners in each conference play for the conference championships, winners meet in the Rose Bowl, winner meets X for national title. The problem is that there are currently six BCS conferences, and with similar pairings, we'd have three teams left.

In other words, get ready for Texas, OU and company to be joining the Pac-16 shortly. godammit

12. Creebuzz

Creebuzz Club Member Club Member

So, we're back to the 64 teams divided into 4 power conferences of 16, most likely consisting of SEC, PAC, BIG, and ACC. Otherwise, I can't see any reason why the other teams would agree to the Rose Bowl winner (BIG vs PAC) going to the national championship each year.

13. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

Since the Bowls are not sanctioned NCAA events they lack much standing outside history.

IMHO, the move to play the Big 10 yearly, along with the grind of expansion puts the writing on the wall for some kind of playoff. And since the Big 10 and Pac are so intertwined breaking off the Pac and the Rosebowl from the BCS would probably pull the B10 along.

Bet your bottom dollar that the PresPacs will drive this into the Rose Bowl.

Maybe some of those other bowls will survive on the scraps left out sort of like how the NIT survives...