What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 Presidents vote to end BCS...

I realize this is early discussions, but this article left me with a lot of questions. Any thoughts on what would happen to the 25+ bowls and how the playoff teams would be selected? It seems like under a four team playoff, there would be even less chance of a mid major moving in.

Larry wants what he wants, I guess. I'm having a hard time reconciling his Rose Bowl demands with his playoff demands. I hope he realizes that a playoff probably ends the Big-10/Pac-12 match-up in the Rose Bowl.

EDIT: I'd much rather have a playoff, I'm just not sure Scott can get what he wants this time, and what he wants isn't even clear.

I think what the Pac-12 wants (along with the B1G) is that the winners of our conferences play each other in the Rose Bowl and whichever team wins plays in the national championship game.

I think we should move the rose bowl to Vegas

When should we expect mtnbuffs novel on why we shouldnt being fixing what isn't broken?

I think what the Pac-12 wants (along with the B1G) is that the winners of our conferences play each other in the Rose Bowl and whichever team wins plays in the national championship game.

You're right Nik, I just figured it out in my head. Division winners in each conference play for the conference championships, winners meet in the Rose Bowl, winner meets X for national title. The problem is that there are currently six BCS conferences, and with similar pairings, we'd have three teams left.

In other words, get ready for Texas, OU and company to be joining the Pac-16 shortly. godammit

So, we're back to the 64 teams divided into 4 power conferences of 16, most likely consisting of SEC, PAC, BIG, and ACC. Otherwise, I can't see any reason why the other teams would agree to the Rose Bowl winner (BIG vs PAC) going to the national championship each year.

I realize this is early discussions, but this article left me with a lot of questions. Any thoughts on what would happen to the 25+ bowls and how the playoff teams would be selected? It seems like under a four team playoff, there would be even less chance of a mid major moving in.

Since the Bowls are not sanctioned NCAA events they lack much standing outside history.

IMHO, the move to play the Big 10 yearly, along with the grind of expansion puts the writing on the wall for some kind of playoff. And since the Big 10 and Pac are so intertwined breaking off the Pac and the Rosebowl from the BCS would probably pull the B10 along.

Bet your bottom dollar that the PresPacs will drive this into the Rose Bowl.

Maybe some of those other bowls will survive on the scraps left out sort of like how the NIT survives...

Back