What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

PAC 12 Rivals

I Highly doubt that Alta has over 200 inches of preseason snow melt to make up the difference with nearly every ski resort in Colorado. Alta's base is 168" right now the best in CO is 90 something (after a very good year)

As for the density difference. Yes Utah snow is slightly more dense which is great when you are charging steep lines. The extra density gives you a little speed check that allows you to point'em. The density and weather difference also significantly lowers the Avalanche danger. For backcountry skiing there is nothing better than digging a pit and seeing a solid, well bonded pack without facets all the way to the ground.

I will give Colorado points on lifestyle (I live here for a reason). But I had plenty of fun when spent the winter in SLC. The girls are cute there is a ton of live music and Hippy Matt sold LSD capsules for $3 a hit.

Again I love skiing in colorado but utah has the goods.

Utah Mountains are steeper, get more snow, and have better terrain. Colorado mountains have more vert, are higher up, and in general are gentler, cheaper (to buy a season pass to), and way better for families of four to visit from texas. Oh, and they are way more ****ing crowded. Utah wins.

If that's the criteria then Tahoe wins hands down. The true barometer is snow quality and in this case CO wins hands down. Lighter, drier snow because the mountains are higher. Not too mention soooooooo many more options for world class skiing. There's are reason 10 million people hit the slopes in CO each year. Utah is our little brother when it comes to skiing and always will be.

I Highly doubt that Alta has over 200 inches of preseason snow melt to make up the difference with nearly every ski resort in Colorado. Alta's base is 168" right now the best in CO is 90 something (after a very good year)

I dont know about Alta but JH had about that before the season started and everything was open on day 1.

Even with all the snow I'm chompin at the bit to get back to CO. I cant stand not seeing the sun for stretches at a time, I had to go see the family in GJ just to get some vitamin D.

Last edited:
a6cd0b99-60d2-f483.jpg

a6cd0b99-60f2-bceb.jpg

a6cd0b99-6117-02bb.jpg

a6cd0b99-613a-0c15.jpg

a6cd0b99-6160-bdfd.jpg

a6cd0abe-63f1-37dc.jpg

a6cd0abe-6404-46c4.jpg

Ferb, I know what we're going to do today.
phineas-and-ferb-225x300.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back