What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac 12 South Offseason Talk: ASU injury woes continue...

Darth Snow

Hawaiian Buffalo
Club Member
Junta Member
(potential) Starting QB ends his career for concussions earlier in the offseason, and now this:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=rivals-1208618

The rash of spring football injuries in the Pac-12 conference spread to Arizona State last week when senior starting receiver T.J. Simpson and senior starting cornerback Omar Bolden were knocked out of action in successive practices Thursday and Saturday.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footba...ils-stricken-by-plague-on-ASU?urn=ncaaf-wp584
Bolden's loss, especially, is a killer for him and the team: He was the Devils' only first-team All-Pac-10 pick in 2010, and passed up a legitimate shot at the NFL for another year as the leader of a veteran lineup that was tentatively favored to win the Pac-12 South. Emphasis on was

That really sucks for the kids. Especially the NFL bound one.

I know you put "potential", but I think Osweiler had the starting job pretty well locked up. I think ASU has a pretty thin secondary so the CB injury really hurts.

I hope each South school has a backup scoreboard operator just in case. Not only is our secondary questionable but reports out of Tempe and Salt Lake City are suggesting issues in the secondary. I think Arizona might have a slight problem with their secondary this year (new coach even if it's a former CU player). Also didn't UCLA lose some good DBs as well? I'm not sure about U$C but if they are young kids, they will have issues.

nobody better jinx this and say anything about CU's injuries or lack of injuries.

nobody better jinx this and say anything about CU's injuries or lack of injuries.

noooooooooo.jpg

I hope each South school has a backup scoreboard operator just in case. Not only is our secondary questionable but reports out of Tempe and Salt Lake City are suggesting issues in the secondary. I think Arizona might have a slight problem with their secondary this year (new coach even if it's a former CU player). Also didn't UCLA lose some good DBs as well? I'm not sure about U$C but if they are young kids, they will have issues.

USC's pass defense is very suspect, so you are correct. The Pac-12 South should have some shootouts.

Back