What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac 12 to announce P12 Network details today in NYC

Larry Scott on distribution: "We look forward to conversations with satellite operators."

Larry Scott vs Dan Beebe (I mean Deloss Dodds)? Man what a huge difference (understatement of the year?).

Larry must be getting an enormous cash salary/bonus and/or he is participating in the equity of the PAC 12 network personally. Whatever amount, and in whatever form, the PAC is paying him is worth it. Wow!

I was listening at work and missed the specifics on the regional areas, was Denver listed as one of the regions? I would be stoked to see some regional Pac-12 skiing coverage between BBall games.

I was listening at work and missed the specifics on the regional areas, was Denver listed as one of the regions? I would be stoked to see some regional Pac-12 skiing coverage between BBall games.

Washington, Oregon, Nor Cal, So Cal, AZ, Mountains - so I guess we´ll share a channel with Utah

I'm still a little confused on who will be in charge of production. It looks like the distribution part has been worked out, but who actually will produce the content? Are we hiring our own broadcasters, technicians, etc?

Will be interesting to see if they do cover skiing considering it is not a Pac-12 sponsored sport. I'd love to see them do it, but just don't know if they will or not yet.

TAMU fans realizing they may have cut off their nose to spite their face last year by killing the PAC 12 deal. Bunch of posts on TexAgs that maybe the PAC wouldn't have been so bad...

Relax guys,
Beebe has negotiated exclusive telegraph rights to all Big XII games of any kind with Western Union

Will be interesting to see if they do cover skiing considering it is not a Pac-12 sponsored sport. I'd love to see them do it, but just don't know if they will or not yet.

head-slap All that talk about Olympic sports made me lose it there for a bit. Guess I'll just go back to quietly hoping for baseball in a few years.

I answered my own question through some research but as it applies to you, Pac-12 Network will be available on any device; TV, Computer, Phone, Tablets... everything. You will be able to watch it without getting cable
I don't know if that will be valid. The TV Anywhere stuff is usually contingent on the online provider being able to validate your subscriber status through the cable billing system. You usually have to logon via the cable provider's portal.

I don't know if that will be valid. The TV Anywhere stuff is usually contingent on the online provider being able to validate your subscriber status through the cable billing system. You usually have to logon via the cable provider's portal.
I thought he had said something about not being at home and being able to watch which would mean being on a 3G or 4G cell network

this is awesome. I can't wait to watch any men's football or basketball game. It is such bull**** that there were some games I had to listen to on the ****ing radio.

this is awesome. I can't wait to watch any men's football or basketball game. It is such bull**** that there were some games I had to listen to on the ****ing radio.

I am glad I could only listen to the Kansas game on the radio though. My big screen probably would have been destroyed if not.

head-slap All that talk about Olympic sports made me lose it there for a bit. Guess I'll just go back to quietly hoping for baseball in a few years.
Never know. They may very well do it. Neither CU or UU has a huge lineup of winter sports to brag about. It will be a long winter on the P12-Mtn if we only have CU hoops, UU hoops, and UU gymnastics and swimming to watch all winter.

I dunno man. For some reason I didn't really mind listening to the KU game on the radio last year. :smile2:

I thought he had said something about not being at home and being able to watch which would mean being on a 3G or 4G cell network
That is legit, but you would still have to sign on through a portal on your iPhone or Android via an app where you would confirm that you are a cable subscriber.

Larry Scott, you sir will not have to pay for drinks next time you come to Boulder. I'm stoked.

from the press release regarding olympic sports
The agreement will provide unprecedented exposure for women's sports, as well as exposure for both men's and women's programs that have been traditionally underserved on television. This includes extensive coverage of Pac 12 athletes in Olympic sports, where the Pac-12 has had more success than any other U.S. conference. Over 200 Pac-12 athletes competed in the 2008 Beijing Olympics, and if the Pac-12 were its own country it would have finished sixth in the total medal count.

HOLY **** :jawdrop:

I just hope that the various Regional Networks will all be shown on DirecTV. I would prefer to pay money for that now rather than NFL Ticket:thumbsup:

I think skiing would be tough to televise but I would be one of the ones who would enjoy watching it. I've never been one for TV on phones but if I can see situations where it would be useful.

I love the Pac! Always have, always will:nod:

Back