What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac 12 TV Deal with FOX+ESPN, worth $250m per year according to NYT

About half the football games every week will be on the Pac-12 Network.

espn and fox to make their pick as to which games they want at the beginning of the year

p12 network, p12 digital network ... p12 network games

68 bball games on fox/espn ... every game available thru the p12 networks (tv or digital)

350 total games on the p12 networks

Pac-12 Media Labs to innovate and develop ideas for broadcasting ... will work with the schools there

Let's get to the nitty-griitty. What's it going to cost me for an annual subscription to the pac 12 digital network? I get ESPN3 for free based on my ISP. I'll set the over/under at $99. Does that sound right?

Why the hell could non of the reporters ask more questions? Along the lines of the digital network, access to the PAC-12 network, etc. Scott wasn't exactly holding back information.

Ok so I crept over to the lammie board to read their bitching. They are arguing that our TV deal is proof that the BCS is antitrust/unfair....WHAT? How does a single conference negotiating a tv deal have anything to do with the BCS? Ok so if any of you lammies wander over here to read this, let me set you straight on something. This is about free enterprise, supply and demand, etc. The Pac 12 has a product that is worth $250 million a year to the networks, because that is what the networks feel it is worth. If the MWC can generate the same kind of interest then they will get their own paycheck. If you have an issue with the BCS bowl criteria, fine because that is a totally seperate compensation issue. Have fun with that, cause we rich and you ain't. Bwuahahaha!

A Buff fan has never before been able to see every football game on TV in a given season. I think in 2002 we came closest with 12/14 games televised.

it is all going to come together so nicely. every game televised, somewhere. big dollars coming in. tons and tons of exposure for the university and for non-revenue sports.

this is absolutely fantastic.

don't sweat the details. we are going BIG, boys!

i am so ****ing glad to be out of the b12. ****, i am practically giddy about it. we may suck on the field for a few years while we rebuild, but the foundation is in place and we couldn't say that a few years back.

Am I reading this stuff from their press release correctly? "34 regular-season games on national cable networks, FX, ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU." and the other ten are on Fox and ABC? No more crappy FSN games?

It's time to give Larry Scott a new contract that pays him nicely compared to the SEC commissioner if not more.

thanks to ucla and usc, too.

those 2 schools agreeing to waive their higher rev shares as long as scott got the conference enough tv money was a big deal. this is truly going to be a conference built so that everyone has a chance to succeed. sure, usc and some of the others will always have advantages, but there won't be any disparity like between, say, texas and iowa state.

Am I reading this stuff from their press release correctly? "34 regular-season games on national cable networks, FX, ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU." and the other ten are on Fox and ABC? No more crappy FSN games?

Yeah I did not hear FSN muttered at all.

All I heard was Fox national/FX/ESPN

Back