What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac 12 tv online availability

Must be why they carry Pat Robertson's CBN on Basic. It all makes sense now.

exactly. the signs are all there. you just have to open your eyes and read them.

when the rapture comes, all who will be left behind will be comcast subscribers.

Only time Ive had anything other than directv, since it came out, was comcast digital cable. I didnt like it too much. I lived in an apartment complex and my punkass landlord wouldnt let me put up a dish. Ill find a way to get the Pac Network. Hopefully, directv will make it easy for me tho.

It is illegal for a landlord, condo association, etc to prevent you from putting up a dish.

FCC Guide:
Installing Consumer-Owned Antennas and Satellite Dishes

Background

In 1996, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) adopted rules for Over-the-Air-Reception Devices (“OTARD” rules). The OTARD rules prohibit restrictions on a property owner or tenant’s right to install, maintain or use an antenna to receive video programming from direct broadcast satellites (DBS), broadband radio services (formerly referred to as multichannel multipoint distribution services or MMDS) and television broadcast stations (TVBS). However, there are exceptions to the OTARD rules, including provisions for safety and preservation of historic areas.
The FCC later amended the OTARD rules to apply to rental property where the renter has exclusive use of an area, and to customer-end antennas that receive and transmit fixed wireless signals.
What Types of Antennas Are Covered Under the OTARD Rules?

The following antennas or dishes are covered by these rules:

• A "dish" antenna one meter (39.37 inches) or less in diameter (or any size dish if located in Alaska), designed to receive direct broadcast satellite service, including direct-to-home satellite service, or to receive or transmit fixed wireless signals via satellite.
  • An antenna that is one meter or less in diameter and is designed to receive video programming services via broadband radio service (wireless cable), or to receive or transmit fixed wireless signals other than via satellite.
  • An antenna that is designed to receive local television broadcast signals.
Click the link above for more details.

It is illegal for a landlord, condo association, etc to prevent you from putting up a dish.

FCC Guide:
Installing Consumer-Owned Antennas and Satellite Dishes

Click the link above for more details.

In the case of condominiums, cooperatives and rental properties, the rules apply to “exclusive use” areas, like terraces, balconies or patios.

This is the part that gets a lot of people. My apartment doesn't have a balcony, so the only place I would be able to put one is on the roof at the front or back of my unit, but since it isn't for my exclusive use, I'm not covered.

This is the part that gets a lot of people. My apartment doesn't have a balcony, so the only place I would be able to put one is on the roof at the front or back of my unit, but since it isn't for my exclusive use, I'm not covered.

Exactly, and if you have a fire escape, it is not legal to put it there either.

Other than Direct TV and Comcast bitchfest on Versus awhile back I can't remember DTV ever not having a sports channel.

The apartment complex where I lived in Louisville required a deposit if you attached a satellite dish to your balcony.

I am hoping the Pac12 network will come to Dish or I can somehow figure out how to see it through my roku.

Cable (and satellite) companies are not paying billions of dollars to lock up live sports to then let customers cancel those services at home and stream over the internet. If you want a glimpse at how P12 will do online streaming, I'd look at what the Big Ten Network is doing. A la carte is available for the lesser watched sports, but not football.

Cable companies know live sports are the only way to keep subs in the future. I'd expect something where you have to subscribe to Comcast and then log onto comcast.net to stream via comcast's site... they do this for showtime/hbo/most on demand content........ or if we are really, really lucky an ESPN3 like service where you have to subscribe to cable internet to get ESPN3 streaming (this would mean you could NOT pay for cable TV and stream ESPN3 and P12 Net over the CPU and get most content).

Last edited:
Cable (and satellite) companies are not paying billions of dollars to lock up live sports to then let customers cancel those services at home and stream over the internet. If you want a glimpse at how P12 will do online streaming, I'd look at what the Big Ten Network is doing. A la carte is available for the lesser watched sports, but not football.

Cable companies know live sports are the only way to keep subs in the future. I'd expect something where you have to subscribe to Comcast and then log onto comcast.net to stream via comcast's site... they do this for showtime/hbo/most on demand content........ or if we are really, really lucky an ESPN3 like service where you have to subscribe to cable internet to get ESPN3 streaming (this would mean you could NOT pay for cable TV and stream ESPN3 and P12 Net over the CPU and get most content).

Thanks. Here is a link with updates on network by some guy named Jon: http://blogs.mercurynews.com/colleg...rk-updates-big-and-small-actually-just-small/

I love how they are waiting until the month before the season begins to release the details on this. Does anyone have a clue how the regional networks are going to work? Do you purchase it by region or do you get them all in a package? Does it go by location? I may kill myself if I have to watch more ducks and beavers coverage.

I love how they are waiting until the month before the season begins to release the details on this. Does anyone have a clue how the regional networks are going to work? Do you purchase it by region or do you get them all in a package? Does it go by location? I may kill myself if I have to watch more ducks and beavers coverage.

I for one, would like to see more beaver coverage.

So why are these satellite carriers so great? My comcast is never an issue, and the programming is always available from day one. Whereas it seems like whenever a decent new channel comes out, satellite customers have to go to war with their carrier to get the damn channel. Sounds great...

So why are these satellite carriers so great? My comcast is never an issue, and the programming is always available from day one. Whereas it seems like whenever a decent new channel comes out, satellite customers have to go to war with their carrier to get the damn channel. Sounds great...
I am coming around to your thinking. My patience is just about up waiting for Dish to decide if they are going to carry the P12 network......

I am coming around to your thinking. My patience is just about up waiting for Dish to decide if they are going to carry the P12 network......

The games don't start for 11 weeks..... You need to know NOW?

I am surprised all you Comcast haters don't cite the fact that they are from Philadelphia......

I have them..... I have had the dish since inception..... And still have to buy Comcast for the Flyers and Suxers.....

So am I an elitist and a commoner?

The games don't start for 11 weeks..... You need to know NOW?
Yeah, I do. If Dish isn't going to carry, I have to dump them, decide on another carrier, get one of the installation monkeys to my house and all the crap that goes along with that process. I guess I am funny, I expect it to be at my convenience since I am paying for it.

At first blush, I had the same reaction. Upon second review, I think this may be alright so long as I get the National channel and the local channel. It could be one of those things where DirecTV will commit two channels, not seven. Those two would be the national channel and a regional channel of your choice. Or something like that. I really don't need to get the Oregon regional channel, frankly.

OTOH - if DirecTV screws this up, I'm done with them. Not that they care.

At first blush, I had the same reaction. Upon second review, I think this may be alright so long as I get the National channel and the local channel. It could be one of those things where DirecTV will commit two channels, not seven. Those two would be the national channel and a regional channel of your choice. Or something like that. I really don't need to get the Oregon regional channel, frankly.

OTOH - if DirecTV screws this up, I'm done with them. Not that they care.

don't be so selfish.
Think of the thousands of out of state alumni in costa rica, Florida, the Carolinas, Philadelphia, NYC, new England, Chicago, Texas, up and down the west coast and beyond.
We want access to Rocky Mountain network first and the national network second.

don't be so selfish.
Think of the thousands of out of state alumni in costa rica, Florida, the Carolinas, Philadelphia, NYC, new England, Chicago, Texas, up and down the west coast and beyond.
We want access to Rocky Mountain network first and the national network second.

Exactly... I NEED the Rocky MTN PAC 12 Channel Network.... and for godsakes.... it better be in HD or I will be in Brian Roberts' office before game 1.

FYI.... my wifes maiden name is Roberts.....

I don't live in Colorado. I need the Pac 12 network or a way to watch the games online. Just checked and the cable company here isn't on board either.

Back