What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 TV update

You think papa is loud on tv you should take a listen to his radio show on fox sports its like he is screaming all the time

I think it needs to cover every football game played by a Pac 12 team and be available nationwide. That's the Big 10 model, and it works. Larry Scott has been vocal about increasing the conference exposure on the East Coast. I think he'll be insistent on getting national coverage.

And that very well explains why the Pac-10 has been viewed as an afterthought for so many years...lack of good exposure.

I think it needs to cover every football game played by a Pac 12 team and be available nationwide. That's the Big 10 model, and it works. Larry Scott has been vocal about increasing the conference exposure on the East Coast. I think he'll be insistent on getting national coverage.

Bingo. You can watch every Big 10 team every week if you have the ESPN and Big 10 networks.

And that very well explains why the Pac-10 has been viewed as an afterthought for so many years...lack of good exposure.

That's been part of their problem, but the bigger problem has been the late-night start times. If Scott is serious about East Coast exposure then he will cut down greatly on all those late kickoffs.

The PAC needs to understand that the fans of the individual schools are fans of their schools first and not fans of the PAC12 first. This was one of the big problems with the Big12. When CU sucked and ISU sucked and played each other the same time Texas or OU were playing, there is no reason why CU fans living in Colorado only had the option of watching UT or OU. These games that are not the hot draw can be moved back a few hours to get every team on TV at least in the local viewing areas.

Gotta get the locals behind your teams and this is where it is up to the individual schools to be allowed to find some way to get every one of their games in front of the locals and give them a chance to be a fan. If none of the local affiliates will carry it, there are usually several dozen religous/mexican channels over the air that would do better ratings with 3 hours worth of football... And if that doesnt work, broadcast the damn thing online and put up some advertisements of your own.

Bingo. You can watch every Big 10 team every week if you have the ESPN and Big 10 networks.

But this points out my problem with whatever they will end up doing, because I'm relegated to whatever is broadcast or online. For the rest (and probably many I could watch at home), I will be going to my local Buff watch party, providing we get our wish and they are one. Last year I watched the ISU game on some Texan's television via webacm and Justin.tv. That was better than nothing, but I hope to not have to repeat that.

http://mattsarzsports.blogspot.com/2011/02/pac-12-and-fox-time-for-do-over.html

Interesting take and some good explanation on whats going on with the pac12 TV contract.

So we have two entities with vastly different amounts of content. And judging from the desires of the Pac-10, they want all their content under one roof. So while we're in these exclusive windows, ABC/ESPN can't snag up any additional cable rights that FSN owns, and FOX can't come in and bid on the rights that ABC/ESPN has. Makes it unlikely that while there is a negotiation window that either side will make a deal.

Back