What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 universities adopt sweeping reforms for student-athletes...

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Per Pac 12 article entitled "Pac-12 universities adopt sweeping reforms for student-athletes, guaranteeing scholarships, improving health care, and more" http://pac-12.com/article/2014/10/2...weeping-reforms-student-athletes-guaranteeing (also includes video interview with Larry Scott).

Just one part of the article:

"

The Conference’s new rules apply to Pac-12 student-athletes across all sports, and include:

Athletic scholarships will be guaranteed for four years for student-athletes in all sports.
Student-athletes who leave school before graduating will be able to use the remainder of their educational expenses later to earn their degrees.
Medical expenses for student-athletes who are injured during their college athletic careers will be covered for up to four years after a student-athlete leaves the institution.
Student-athletes who transfer between Pac-12 institutions will be able to receive athletic scholarships immediately.
Student-athletes will be represented in the Conference governance structure.
"

(Thanks to topspin on the volleytalk blog for pointing me to this article.)

Last edited:
I love that all of this.

All the stuff to take care of the athletes better was a long time coming and needed to happen.

I was surprised and happy to see that the Pac-12 has decided to remove extra penalties on a player transferring within the conference. We want to keep Pac-12 talent in the Pac-12. If a player's gonna transfer, the player's gonna transfer. Now, instead of seeing that player end up stocking the Mountain West talent we'll see that player on a different Pac-12 team.

I love that all of this.

All the stuff to take care of the athletes better was a long time coming and needed to happen.

I was surprised and happy to see that the Pac-12 has decided to remove extra penalties on a player transferring within the conference. We want to keep Pac-12 talent in the Pac-12. If a player's gonna transfer, the player's gonna transfer. Now, instead of seeing that player end up stocking the Mountain West talent we'll see that player on a different Pac-12 team.

I'm conflicted on this issue. I only like it when players transfer to CU. When they transfer out, I'd rather see them buried somewhere in the MAC. I hear Toldedo is the Harvard of Northwest Ohio.

Back