What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12

How the hell is it that Stanford has our number? In everything? They effing lost to Utah?!?!? Nobody loses to Utah. Cheesus Crust. I'm really pissed off now.
OK in football, stanford had pretty much everyone's number because of Mr Luck. In basketball it really is just a bad matchup between the two of us.

I'm sick of the Mt. West love and PAC 12 hate. It's ridiculous.

The Pac-12 hate has gone overboard. I casually read a few boards of ACC teams, and there are people who in all seriousness genuinely believe that not 1 Pac-12 team deserves to be in the NCAA Tournament. As I've been saying, I'm typically about the last guy to be real big on "win one for the conference", but if there was ever a year that we need whichever Pac teams end up dancing to be successful, this is it. This is certainly a down year, and the conference has to drastically improve, and soon. However, I just don't buy that the teams at the top of the Pac aren't capable of competing with teams from the top conferences this year. There's a ton of parity this year outside of about 4-5 schools, so a Pac-12 team making a surprisingly deep run isn't out of the question. Obviously if a Washington or Cal runs into a Kentucky or Michigan State, it's going to be a problem. But if a Washington or Cal runs into an Indiana or Florida? Winnable opportunities will present themselves in the Dance.

Last edited:
The Pac-12 hate has gone overboard. I casually read a few boards of ACC teams, and there are people who in all seriousness genuinely believe that not 1 Pac-12 team deserves to be in the NCAA Tournament. As I've been saying, I'm typically about the last guy to be real big on "win one for the conference", but if there was ever a year that we need whichever Pac teams end up dancing to be successful, this is it. This is certainly a down year, and the conference has to drastically improve, and soon. However, I just don't buy that the teams at the top of the Pac aren't capable of competing with teams from the top conferences this year. There's a ton of parity this year outside of about 4-5 schools, so a Pac-12 team making a surprisingly deep run isn't out of the question. Obviously if a Washington or Cal runs into a Kentucky or Michigan State, it's going to be a problem. But if a Washington or Cal runs into an Indiana or Florida? Winnable opportunities will present themselves in the Dance.

But those are people that probably also think 8 ACC teams deserve to be in the tournament. If you look nationally the high-profile bracket predictors like Palm and Lunardi both have 3 Pac teams getting in, which I'd say is being generous. The Pac doesn't have any non-conference wins that are even remotely significant and no team has been ranked all season, or at least since very early in the season, so it's not too hard to see why people might think that way. I just took a quick look and the best wins for the Pac I could see are Stanford's wins over CSU and NC State, both of which are precariously on the bubble. Arizona beat Clemson and St. John's, but both of those teams suck. Also, Oregon State beat Texas, another team that is squarely on the bubble.

I believe the PAC12 is getting no respect due to a lack of an elite team. Going into conference play, there were no ranked teams, and a few bad losses. Without any of the PAC12 teams having the opportunity to play any elite teams, we are not going to raise above where we were in December.

The top 6 or so programs in the PAC this year are all what I would consider solid teams, not great teams, but solid.

I really think that the 2 or 3 teams that make it into the dance, we will see some good upsets, but I will agree with CVille, we arent going to beat the top tier guys. But Kentucky, with all their freshman, make dumb mistakes quite often.

ASU is around 250th in the RPI. Not sure how Zona recovers from that without winning the P12 tournament.

Edit: Not to mention, they'll face UCLA in the quarterfinals in that 4/5 game. That's a terrible, terrible matchup for Arizona. All of a sudden they're in deep ****

Last edited:
Sets up to be an interesting Pac-12 tournament:

First Round Bye:
1. Washington
2. California
3. Oregon
4. Arizona

First Round:

5. UCLA vs 12. Southern Cal
6. Colorado vs. 11. Utah
7. Stanford vs. 10. Arizona State
8. Washington State vs 9. Oregon State

You don't want to look ahead too much, but these are going to be some crazy quarterfinals. Washington is going to have to either face a rivalry game against Wazzu or an Oregon State team capable of knocking off anyone in the Pac when they're hot. Cal is likely going to have to face this Stanford team that beat them in pretty impressive fashion today. Arizona is going to have to face a UCLA squad that is a tough matchup for them with Big Dance hopes on the line.

And then, of course, hopefully our Buffs will be in position to win the rubber match against Oregon. At this point, though, we'd be foolish to overlook Utah. It's always tough to beat a team 3 times in one season. Utah will try and slow it down and bring us to their level. Gotta be careful with this one

Cal can suck a fatty :lol:

Gonna be interesting to see how this tournament shakes out because all of the top 6 teams have a shot at winning it but I'd put my money on either UW or Oregon right now.

Love you tina and I agree on this being an interesting tourney but we typically play b-ball well in So. Cal. Who knows now though. Looks like we might get the furd for our first game and you guys might get Whoregon after beating Utah. Might see you in the NIT if it doesn't pan out for either of us...

Love you tina and I agree on this being an interesting tourney but we typically play b-ball well in So. Cal. Who knows now though. Looks like we might get the furd for our first game and you guys might get Whoregon after beating Utah. Might see you in the NIT if it doesn't pan out for either of us...
I think we can take Oregon out as long as they don't get hot like they did on Thursday but Dinwiddie needs to get his groove back he's seemed a little timid after he got nailed going to the hoop in the first half against Oregon and we need Tomlinson and Dufault to step up if we want to make a run. That would be pretty disapointing for Cal fans to settle for the NIT after leading the Pac 12 for a while and being the team predicted to win it and go dancing.

I think we can take Oregon out as long as they don't get hot like they did on Thursday but Dinwiddie needs to get his groove back he's seemed a little timid after he got nailed going to the hoop in the first half against Oregon and we need Tomlinson and Dufault to step up if we want to make a run. That would be pretty disapointing for Cal fans to settle for the NIT after leading the Pac 12 for a while and being the team predicted to win it and go dancing.

If we make it to the second round, I like our chances that UO will not be dropping 90 on us again to beat our 80. A lot of their shooting beyond the arc was lucky. A lot.

The predictors of such things are looking at the PAC 12 to only get 2 teams into the Tourney. That would be a bummer. Really impacts shares of the NCAA payouts down the road.

If we make it to the second round, I like our chances that UO will not be dropping 90 on us again to beat our 80. A lot of their shooting beyond the arc was lucky. A lot.
:nod: no way does Oregon shoot like that again. That was a once a year at most performance.

:nod: no way does Oregon shoot like that again. That was a once a year at most performance.

Pretty much. Up until that game, Oregon cracked 90 just once all season long against Wazzu and shot over 50% from 3-point range against the Buffs. I doubt that percentage will remain consistent in a rematch. And really, the luck factor was huge.. anyone who watched the game will know that UO made many incredible shots from 4 -5 feet beyond the arc, with defender's hands in their face and the shot clock just expiring. Color me shocked if they can pull that off again on a neutral court.

Pac pride.

When was the last time a Pac team lost a game in the 64 team tourney....

It's been awhile...

We show better than other teams in the tourney, especially early rounds...

Back