What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12

The 12pac is down a bit this year. This bodes well for the young Buffs. There are players on this team that helped beat uTerus, Mizzery, and kJsu in the Keg last year. Those teams were as good/talented as furd, wazzu, oregano, and oregano lite. Cal looks like the class of the conference right now and 'zona's youth will be better when we face them.

If the atmosphere in the foam dome is like it was last year, coupled with the altitude (i know, i know -- elevation) and a 10-deep rotation, in CTB's style of play -- this year could be really fun.

I hope to make it for the Utah game. I want to see this team in person.

At least UCLA, Cal and Stanford took care of business tonight. Conference needs to turn things around for the rest of the non-conference slate to salvage some semblance of respectability.

If the atmosphere in the foam dome is like it was last year, coupled with the altitude (i know, i know -- elevation) and a 10-deep rotation, in CTB's style of play -- this year could be really fun.

Dammit! Altitude doesn't affect people indoors! It's only outside!

That said, I was disturbed by the crowd last night. I'm fairly certain that there was a bigger crowd for Ft. Lewis than there was last night. I thought Georgia was going to be our big crowd non-conference game. Now? It may be Ft. Lewis. Finals are coming up, so we'll probably start to lose students, and New Orleans and Cal State Bakersfield don't exactly pack them in. Hopefully we can turn it around by conference play.

Dammit! Altitude doesn't affect people indoors! It's only outside!

That said, I was disturbed by the crowd last night. I'm fairly certain that there was a bigger crowd for Ft. Lewis than there was last night. I thought Georgia was going to be our big crowd non-conference game. Now? It may be Ft. Lewis. Finals are coming up, so we'll probably start to lose students, and New Orleans and Cal State Bakersfield don't exactly pack them in. Hopefully we can turn it around by conference play.
Biggest thing with the attendance last night was that it was a Monday night where as the Ft Lewis game was a Friday night. It was about what I expected.

We've got a long ways to go then...

Absolutely. But we have also come a long way. Last year, with all the Alec Burks hype, our biggest name non-conference opponent was Oregon State. Our record at the time was 3-3. We played them on a Saturday (12/4) with an 8:05 pm tipoff.

Attendance: 6,363

We've got a ways to go. But this thing is growing. Around Boulder, all I heard all offseason from people who are casual fans at best was "Now that Burks is gone we'll suck again." First, the very fact that they brought up CU basketball and knew the name of a player was an improvement. But more importantly, I believe that Boulder is the type of town that would support basketball very well if it had a sustained winner.

It's fun, it doesn't take long, there's not a lot to do outside on a winter evening, and it's a less violent/more cerebral game than football. Good for kids. Getting people up from Denver for a CU basketball game on a weeknight takes a major commitment. It's going to be tough. We need to draw from Boulder and Louisville/Superior for hoops. Since we only need about 6k local fans to get a sellout when you add in students and the fans who will go out of their way from the surrounding population of over 2 million, I don't think this is that difficult or that far away. Boyle just needs to show people a winner.

(Note: I know that the above would sound absolutely sad and pathetic to a Duke or Kansas fan, but it's what we're building from. It is what it is.)

Well at least pac 12 teams are getting wins now but they still aren't pretty. UofA barely beat NM state and Oregon barely beat UTEP

Well at least pac 12 teams are getting wins now but they still aren't pretty. UofA barely beat NM state and Oregon barely beat UTEP

Those were decent wins. The conference needed them, too. Got to get the conference RPI up from 9. I don't know if we can catch the A-10, but we have a good chance of passing the MWC and MVC to get to 7. That should be good for making it a 3 or 4 bid year.

We've been so used to being ridiculed by the Nebraskas and Oklahomas of the world for our attendance, we never really thought about how we really stack up. It's totally unfair to compare Nebraska's attendance to anybody else's. They're a different situation. I'm thoroughly convinced that CU has a more devoted and passionate fanbase than anybody else in the Pac 12. I mean that.

We've been so used to being ridiculed by the Nebraskas and Oklahomas of the world for our attendance, we never really thought about how we really stack up. It's totally unfair to compare Nebraska's attendance to anybody else's. They're a different situation. I'm thoroughly convinced that CU has a more devoted and passionate fanbase than anybody else in the Pac 12. I mean that.

It's pretty eye-opening how weak the fanbases are in this conference compared to what we're used to. In terms of fanbase intensity of the 6 major conferences, the Pac-12 is 5th in football (worse than the ACC imo) and 6th in hoops (weakest support of any power conference). Funny how things have changed overnight + this is after over years of humiliation in football along the rise of CU basketball still being in its infancy. Give it a couple years and it won't even be debatable who the Pac-12's most passionate fanbase is.

Another player leaves the Oregon program and this time it is a pg Bruce Barron. That is 2 of Altmans recruits leaving less then 10 games into the season which is very odd.

Another player leaves the Oregon program and this time it is a pg Bruce Barron. That is 2 of Altmans recruits leaving less then 10 games into the season which is very odd.

Maybe they are refusing to pay them as promised. They probably are trying to tidy up the house a bit in light of the scandal that broke.

Maybe they are refusing to pay them as promised. They probably are trying to tidy up the house a bit in light of the scandal that broke.

From what it sounds like they both had handlers who were giving them awful information or expectations. Both were going to get a lot of playing time if they worked hard so instead they leave which is odd.

From what it sounds like they both had handlers who were giving them awful information or expectations. Both were going to get a lot of playing time if they worked hard so instead they leave which is odd.

This is one reason why you avoid signing any players who have handlers.

The other is that 9 times out of 10, "handler" is code for "street agent".

A lot of P12 teams in action today:

USC getting beat down against a MN team that just lost their best player to injury the other day.

A couple other interesting match-ups:

UCLA/Texas - Texas lost in OT to what appears to be a decent Oregon St. team 2 weeks, be interesting how UCLA plays them today
Oregon/BYU - How does oregon rebound after having another freshman quit the team
Utah/Fresno St - CU plays Frenso next week, Utah is terrible

Utah (1-6) loses at Fresno State (4-4) by 30 today. Yes, the score is an accurate indicator of how bad Utah is.

Texas beats UCLA (2-5) 69-59
BYU beats Oregon (4-1) 79-65
Minnesota beats USC (4-5) 55-40

On the bright side...
Arizona, Wazzu and Arizona State each got wins over cream puffs today.

I don't recall the PAC being this bad ever. Great time for you guys to move into the neighborhood. Cal faces SDSU tomorrow in an away with one of our best players sitting out. Hope we can still put on a good show.

Great year for the PAC to be ****** since cu doesn't have to worry about rpi and we need as many wins as we can get.

Should be interesting to see how we play Fresno. Can't believe Utah lost by 30.

Should be interesting to see how we play Fresno. Can't believe Utah lost by 30.

Believe it. Utah's 1 win was a buzzer beater over an NAIA school. May not win another game this season.

We'll beat Fresno. They have losses to Manhattan, UTSA and North Dakota State. Also lost to Stanford. This is just a case of Utah being ​that bad.

Back