What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-16 basketball scheduling has not been covered.

NashBuff

CSU Knob-Slobberer
First of all, let me go on record saying that I hate the Pac-16 idea for football since we wouldn't have regular access to SoCal like we would have in the Pac-12. It would be worse if there is no pod scheduling for football.

But let's get to basketball...this hasn't been covered too much since the realignment process is too football centered. Now suppose football doesn't get that California access that we would want, I think it would be fair to the SWC division mates to get more California access than the NW schools by having more games against the California schools. Would that be a more equitable way of doing things? Suppose we get the pod scheduling in football, would it still be fair that the NW schools get more California access in basketball than the Mountain schools?

Or suppose we go into the same divisions as football for basketball? Is that as big of a deal for basketball as it would be for football? Does the idea of playing round robin with Utah plus the AZ, OK, and TX schools seem pretty attractive or is SoCal access very important just like in football?

I will post this stuff on PointGuardU to gauge the reaction of the UA fans on this proposal.

I think SoCal is slightly less important for basketball.

Having said that, a larger conference that requires certain schools to get pushed out of the Cali markets would not be good for the long-term health of the conference. There's no sugar-coating this one...

Basketball could keep the pods and would just keep to an 18 game conference schedule.

6 games against the 3 teams in the pod (home & home each year).

12 games against the other teams in the conference (home & home in alternating years).

It actually balances better than a 12 team conference with 18 games.

it may balance but it's still too many conference games. from a sporting perspective, not TV money or other crack hits, you play home-homes with everybody and crown a real champ at the end.

sincerely,

the curmudgeon

it may balance but it's still too many conference games. from a sporting perspective, not TV money or other crack hits, you play home-homes with everybody and crown a real champ at the end.

sincerely,

the curmudgeon

So you want a return to 10-team conferences?

Back