1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PAC12 Network showing CU @ UCLA 2002

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BuffNut99, Nov 5, 2013.

1. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

Great game from 2002, AKA the Chris Brown show. Pac 12 Network may cut it out, but there was a funny moment in the telecast that I'll never forget. CU ran a trick play where Robert Hodge threw backward to Barry Kunkel, who threw it back across the field to a streaking Hodge. It went for a big gain, but Dan Fouts (partnered with Keith Jackson) couldn't make out who caught the lateral/threw the pass (Kunkel, who barely ever appeared on offense). Someone wrote the name down and handed it to him, and he read it as "Barbara Kunklee" who threw the pass before both he and Jackson lost it for a few moments.

2. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

I was at that game. There were so many CU fans at that game it was crazy. I'm guessing there was less than half as many last Saturday.

3. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

Got to see the 2nd half replay. CU eclipsed 200 yards rushing in the 3rd quarter. Brown and Purify were a duo we haven't seen since.

4. Highlander

Highlander Club Member Club Member

Are they going to show my buddy doing a head first dive into a "pond" that was really a low spot in some grass. He split his forehead wide open on a sprinkler head. Dumb ass! Great game, though. One of my most recent cherished Buff memories, unfortunately.

5. buff190

buff190 Club Member Club Member

I was at this game too. I was also at the USC game in LA in 2000 where there were probably even more CU fans. I never felt so proud to be a Buff at an away game as I did at those two game. Great showings for the fans!!!

When we start winning again, the support in Cali will come back.

6. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

Loving the PAC 12 Network.

7. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Club Member Club Member

+1. Looks like they are showing it again on Friday at noon. I just set up my DVR to record (loving Dish as well!).

8. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

I'm also loving 'The Drive,' but I'm skeptical that they'll focus on CU for one of the episodes. I think we've only been an opponent (vs. ASU, who was the focus) in one episode so far. In the ASU episode, you could hear the ASU coaches telling their offense, "On every play, find #4 and attack!" (Awuzie)

9. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

This season is Cal and ASU, we will likely be the focus of a season in the future.

10. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

Was also at that game...Man, the good ol' days.

11. Eggon

Eggon Club Member Club Member

Had a living stop in LA for 3 years from 2000 to 2003. It was an adjustment :). Flew to Boulder to watch USC start their run and STOMP us! Went back to LA even more despondent. Very next Sat Buffs shocked me at the Rosebowl and Ran that Football! Ha! Ya never know:)