1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PAC12 Networks, Comcast, Front Range issues only

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by buffaholic, Aug 30, 2012.

1. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

OK - I'm a Comcast Internet service customer. Can I watch streaming games? I cannot seem to find any info on this.

Is it still true that the regional (Mountain) will be SD, not HD (over cable)?

Still a DISH customer, with an order in with Directv that I will cancel if they don't have it by the Sac St. game.

2. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

Comcast is offering mountain is in hd National is only in standard RIGHT NOW

3. buford

buford New Member

You won't be able to stream games if you have just the comcast internet service. You will need to have a tv package that includes the Pac-12 Network. Also, comcast isn't providing streaming content just yet. They say it will be early September though. Hopefully, it will be on the Pac-12 Now app. I downloaded it for my iPad yesterday and it is slick. It's just like the HBOGO app and had some CU preview videos that were nice.

4. jgisland

jgisland Club Member Club Member

Are you sure that is right? Do you have a link? I am a comcast internet subscriber and can watch ESPN3.com without a TV subscription. I am not sure comcast is smart enough to filter this for the P12 network if they don't do it for ESPN.

5. buford

buford New Member

Here is the link from the Pac-12 website:

http://support.pac-12.com/entries/21860946-can-i-get-pac-12-networks-directly-rather-than-going-through-my-television-provider

Below is a link to the Pac-12 comcast forums. One of the comcast people said, "Current agreements with all video providers and PAC12 Network require that you have a tv package that includes PAC12 Network in order to view their live programming online. That is a pretty standard business process from most all cable networks". Time to get cable!

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Pac-12-FAQ-and-Information/m-p/1380469#M24009

6. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

Yes - buford is correct.

7. 14er

14er “Imitation is suicide.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

I think he means the "watch ESPiN app" and through xfinity online you can watch espin, espin2, espinU, and espin3 live streaming.

8. jgisland

jgisland Club Member Club Member

It makes sense why they would do this, I just wonder if they will actually have a process in place to filter it. I have my doubts.

9. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

comcast is starting to get uppity in those forumns lol. Anyway Pac-12 streaming looks to be available to comcast subscribers on Wednesday September 5th. Will miss the CSU game but all others should be available from then on

14er likes this.
  10. 14er

14er “Imitation is suicide.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks!

Go Bears! beat the yoots!

11. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

The CSU game is not on the Pac-12 channel anyway...

12. Shldr2Shldr

would still have been offered monday in a 60min condensed form on the internet stream

13. skibum

skibum Peed in your Cheerios. Club Member

They will. Cox has the same agreement. I don't have tv service through Cox, but they're my internet provider. I can get ESPN3, but no P12.

14. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

Thank you for the update.

For the DTV & Dish people, I still am upset that they wouldn't get the online streaming part.

15. El Gringo

El Gringo Pura Vida Club Member

I'm looking to try to get streaming through my parents' Comcast account and need to know if they have the right package (they live in Boulder). When I go to the Comcast/XFinity site to see which package has the PAC12 Networks, it says that the PAC 12 Mountain channel is only available with the Digital Starter package, but not with the Digital Preferred, Preferred+, or Premier packages.

Can that be right?

16. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

No. I have digital preferred+ and have Pac 12 National, Pac 12 Mountain, and Pac 12 Mountain HD.

El Gringo likes this.
  17. Shldr2Shldr

Comcast really is screwing its customers right now. Yes comcast customers now have access to the live feed online, however they cannot access any past content. They really do not know what they are doing.