1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pac12 Postseason Thread

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by CVilleBuff, Mar 17, 2015.

1. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Tuesday:

Stanford beat UC Davis 77-64 in Palo Alto. Cardinal are a 2 seed in the NIT. Stanford will be hosting Rhode Island next.

Wednesday:

Colorado hosts Gardner-Webb in the CBI.

5 seed Arizona State visits UConn in the NIT.

Thursday:

2 seed Arizona faces Texas Southern in Portland, OR in the Big Dance.

11 seed UCLA faces SMU in Louisville, KY in the Big Dance.

5 seed Utah faces Stephen F. Austin in Portland, OR in the Big Dance.

Friday:

8 seed Oregon faces Oklahoma State in Omaha, NE in the Big Dance.

2. CVilleBuff

NIT: 5 seed ASU went on the road to UConn and won 68-61. UConn was certainly nothing great this year, but after last year's NCAA championship and falling in the AAC Final on Sunday for a ticket to return to the Dance, I think this one may have been more about UConn just being disinterested. Good win for the Scum though.

3. JPinCO

JPinCO VP of Quantified Self Club Member

The Ewes looking somewhat disinterested tonight so far as well. In a matchup of ****-happy mascots, Jackrabbits are stepping up to the back of the fence.

4. CVilleBuff

2 seed Arizona rolled over 15 seed Texas Southern, 93-72 in Portland. They'll face the winner of VCU/Ohio State

Oh, and **** Arizona fans.

5. CVilleBuff

11 seed UCLA beats 6 seed SMU, 60-59. Now UCLA has a clear path to the Sweet 16 as they face 14 seed UAB next.

6. SuperD

SuperD Club Member Club Member

To be fair they probably shouldn't have won, first time I've ever seen a team advance off an airball.

7. CVilleBuff

Weirdest ending I've seen in quite a while, but, they're moving on and very likely to the Sweet 16 so it is what it is. Just goes to show how a few lucky breaks (1. making the tournament 2. winning off an airball 3. facing a 14 seed to go to the Sweet 16) can completely rewrite the narrative of whether UCLA's season was a complete failure or a major success in the span of a couple days.

8. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

:nod:

And if the Zags suffer an upset, there's nothing in that bracket that should keep UCLA out of the Elite 8.

9. CVilleBuff

5 Arizona State fell in OT @ 1 seed Richmond in the NIT Second Round. Sun Devils finish the season 18-16.

10. AzCat83

AzCat83 New Member

Thats not very nice

11. Buffalo Brad

Buffalo Brad Club Member Club Member

But accurate

12. CVilleBuff

What do they want? I don't remember being flooded with messages of support from Arizona fans (outside of one respected guy) when we were holding down the fort for the Pac in 2012. As annoying as Duke and Carolina fans are, they also don't feel the need to go trolling around in hopes of finding other fans calling them quality. I like Sean Miller and there's much to respect about UofA's program. They were an easy team to cheer for in the Dance before we joined the Pac and BearDown turds got offended that we dared to beat them and win the Pac tournament. If we were in the Sweet 16 I don't think we'd have our fans go troll Cal and Washington in search of being called a blue blood.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015