What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac12 tournament preview

TZISKIN

Man, seriously, what a motherf*cking week!!!!!!!! I went into this trip just hoping we didn't choke away the Wednesday night game and holy hell did it exceed expectations.

Got in Wed AM and watched every game of all 4 days of the tournament, showed up to a few late but got a piece of every game. Crowd was definitely incredibly thin...would say first day most fans were UCLA, Colorado, and Zona. Because of this, upper level tickets I bought were closed off, and I was upgraded to VIP...so moved down to the 200 sections...pretty cool. I was able to sneak down into the 100 sections for all 4 Buffs games and sit mid court row 1-2... so god damn cool, I watched the champ game when I got home today and you can literally see me the whole time, i was getting texts frmo everyone telling me to calm down and stop acting so crazy hahahaha. Got on Sportscenter for a couple clips to, really surreal experience. Won't bore you with my thoughts on other games...

Buffs just straight up came to play this tournament, locked up defensively and Nate Tomlinson just choked out Devoe Joseph, Cobbs, and Kyle Fogg, absolutely unbelievable job defensively by the kid. So proud of Carlon Brown for stepping up this tournament, two Top 10 nominee dunks, aggressive offensively, and was fluid with his shots and stayed within himself and the offense. Dre was Dre, a muthaf*ckin beast!!!! This team has played so far above expectations, so far above their means, so far above their maturity (just a young group together I mean)...such an unbelievable story. Tad Boyle just gets it done, I have my qualms with his rotations, but he seemed to be able to keep guys fresh, and that's obviously incredibly important in a 4 day run.

Some of you heard I got to do a halftime shootout contest with some kid from Zona...gotta admit, I was pretty damn nervous. not a packed house, but still pretty solid for the champ game and more people than I've played in front of, and I'm not nearly what i used to be haha... plus you're shooting on Staples in jeans and no warmup... was definitely some jitters. Kid was awful and I only needed to make 2 to win the whole thing, which I luckily was able to do on the first two jumpers, both cashed even though both felt pretty awful. I celebrated but for some reasno they had me keep going and then stopped me after my 3rd make for some reason, dunno what happened there. Shout out to all the Buffs fans who saw me in the arena after and around the town and gave me love for "setting the tone for the Buffs to win"... but I cant take credit for that, just was trying not to embarrass myself too badly. Got a trip for two to Vegas, a droid tablet, a phone, and a $125 gift card... not a bad gift, but nothing in comparison to that pac12 championship and a spot in the Big Dance. Easily the happiest sports moment of my life and I'll never forget this experience. Wish more Buffs were there to celebrate with me and check out CUnit just crush Staples with their energy, that performance by those 50 kids was absolutely amazing, so so so so so proud of them. I know the players fed off that energy.

Got to meet Andre's family and a few other families as well, but god damn, Dre's family has to be the nicest group of people I've ever met, an absolute pleasure to spend the week cheering by their side.

Took a lot of pictures and will try to get some of them up on facebook and on the site here... if you guys have any specific questions let me know and I'll answer them about the games, the experience, whatever you want, could talk about it for days but didn't wanna go on and ramble in my post.

go buffs, I still can't really believe it.

What did you think of our crowds there in LA? Oh, and what were the opponent crowds like, especially after we sent them home?

If you're talking from a purely numbers standpoint, it was disappointing for sure, however, we did have the 3rd most represented fan base there besides Zona and UCLA. But we were EASILY the loudest fan base there, dominating EVERY SINGLE GAME (including the championship)...the CUnit was literally incredible with their knowledge, unity, and originality...just an amazing job by them and they really dominated the arena. You could see fans from other fan bases just admiring them and talking about how cool it was that we had that.

I figured I'd put my two cents in on how the crowds were for the ladies since no one else has commented yet. As far as numbers go, we absolutely dominated the Galen Center. Our 50 students alone outnumbered all the Utah fans in the 1st round. It wasn't quite as dominant numbers-wise in the 2nd round but we were still overwhelmingly louder and more spirited.

I figured I'd put my two cents in on how the crowds were for the ladies since no one else has commented yet. As far as numbers go, we absolutely dominated the Galen Center. Our 50 students alone outnumbered all the Utah fans in the 1st round. It wasn't quite as dominant numbers-wise in the 2nd round but we were still overwhelmingly louder and more spirited.

The women definitely got a lift, too. Very good win against Utah and one heck of a solid performance against a Cal team that, on paper, should have rolled us.

I'm looking forward to finding out our WNIT seeding today. Hoping for home games and a nice run to a 20+ win season as a springboard to next year's NCAA Tourney season.

"We Don't Need No Altitude" chant got a mention in USA Today:

Once thought as a weak basketball addition to the Pac-12, Colorado is its champ in the first year of the expanded leaguee. And it did it with two L.A.-area guards, Carlon Brown and Spencer Dinwiddie. Those two, plus hard-working, double-double man Andre Roberson, were keys to getting through the Pac-12 tourney in L.A., where CU fans chanted, "We Don't Need No Altitude." The Buffs can play lockdown defense at times and struggle offensively at times, so low-scoring games are not unusual.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/coll...uth-regional-capsules-and-analysis/53488990/1

Back