What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

PAC12 XC Championships today - CU Men win and Women Win!

BUFFS WIN!

11:28
Official results... Colorado wins! Followed by Washington and Stanford
fb_share2.png

11:28
Congrats to the Buffs for sweeping the Pac-12 Cross Country titles!

11:30
Colorado with 50 points is the winner
fb_share2.png

11:30
Washington 71, Stanford 73, Oregon 87, Arizona 126

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

How Sweep it is!!!

Stanford's 5th guy killed 'em! Thank you Joe Rosa! Our fifth guy, Ammar Moussa, was 15th. Rosa was 25th. That's a ten point swing. Stanford's top 4 were up by 3, I think. The time difference between Rosa and Moussa was about 14 seconds over 5 miles. But ten seconds faster and we would have been tied. And the guys out of the top five can also make a difference. Our sixth place guy beat their fifth place guy. Also, of memory serves, our sixth guy would have been the tie breaker. I think.

The 19-second spread from 2-5 for us was probably the difference. That is about as good as it gets. Also, Medina has come a long way. Never thought I would see him as a top five guy at a conference meet.

That's it. This conference is too freaking easy. We need to go to the SEC. I'm tired of dominating everywhere we go.

I can't wait to follow olympic sports on the Pac 12 Network.

It would be nice to get some footage from yesterday's sweep.

This was an impressive victory for Wetmore. He consistently reloads his distance teams with US talent, not bringing in ringers from Kenya or Ethiopia.

Wetmore doesn't have a lot of scholarships to hand out. He competes against Nike U and Stanford, both with better facilities and athletic funding. Yet he gets his runners to win year in and out.

He's the only NCAA XC coach to have delivered the mens and womens national champions as individuals and as teams.

This weekend he is the first coach to claim not one, but two Pac 12 championships.

If you ask me, XC delivers great value for being a non-rev sport. Thank you, Mark.

Go get 'em at nationals.

He does have the advantage of recruiting to one of the premier running cities in the world - but yes, he is an awesome coach

This was my only means of **** talking at the game yesterday "How many pac 12 championships have you won today?"

He does have the advantage of recruiting to one of the premier running cities in the world - but yes, he is an awesome coach

The city of Eugene, OR has been chipping away at Boulder as a running Mecca. To maintain it's reputation as a premiere status, Boulder depends on Wetmore almost as much as Wetmore needs Boulder.

72 Olympic Marathon medalist Frank Shorter has cast a big shadow over Boulder. Wetmore has done his fare share to carry Boulder's Olympic torch as anyone.

If Wetmore were to flee to Laramie or Provo or Albuquerque or even Stillwater, he'd carry enough credibility to succeed. He'd be even tougher to beat as the XC coach of many other Pac12 schools. I'm damn glad he's one of ours and would never want that taken for granted.

Back