1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PacHoops - Colorado at Arizona Preview

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by allbuffs, Dec 30, 2012.

1. allbuffs

allbuffs Administrator

By Adam Butler
    www.PacHoops.com

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I like Miller a lot and I respect the hell out of Zona's program. Great hoops fans, too.

This is a different type of rivalry in the making for Buffs fans. I'll cheer for them to continue to be great and win their other games unless the Buffs need them to drop one to pass them in the standings or something. Is that a rivalry or is it more of a measuring stick? Right now, I think it's a measuring stick that could grow into a rivalry if CU continues to do its part by being in that top tier in the Pac-12 year after year.

The Pac-12 isn't like the SEC with Kentucky or the Big 12 with Kansas. It's not 1 team at the top of the mountain. It's more like the ACC where Zona and UCLA are like Duke and UNC. We need to crash that party to make this a 3-headed monster. And there's the potential that the Pac-12 could be more like the B1G (or the previous Big East), where there are a host of teams that are up there any given year. That's my hope - that UA, UCLA & CU become MSU, Indiana & OSU (or Syracuse, UConn & Georgetown) while we also have the Wisconsin/Illinois/Michigan/etc. (or Marquette/Pitt/Notre Dame/etc.) programs that can rise up with a Top 10 season every so often.

alec10burks likes this.
  3. shang

shang Member

Yeah baby!!! What 'nik and Junta said!!! So who's going to be in Tucson this Thursday? I'm in plus 2...

4. Tempe_Buff

Tempe_Buff Well-Known Member

5. pachoops

pachoops PacHoops Blogger

Buffnik. I think the Pac is poised - and built - to be a lot more like the B1G than the single headed monsters of the ACC and SEC. The spread out nature - geographically - opens the conference up to hoarding local talent as well is drawing from a bigger pool. The key is to beating out the SDSU's, Gonzagas, etc. to that talent.

I think CU and Oregon are poised to be perennial contenders and UW, Stanford, and Cal should be right there, too.

6. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

I agree with Nik. This doesn't feel remotely like Nebraska with the well deserved hatred of all things Red and Corn. I think we could really hitch our wagon to Arizona as a conference rival and elevate our program to a place where both programs are proud to compete with each other for the championship.

7. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

take picks, do a fan write-up and and turn this into a TempeShang-vision outing. Those of us hundreds of miles away will rep you for repping and entertaining us.

8. shang

shang Member

I finally figured out how to get allbuffs on my phone so will be posting live..

Clean Undies likes this.
  9. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

i like Miller....but let's get these guys. pick up where we left off last year.

Pac champs inna hizzouse.

10. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

Can't wait to watch this game on the 46" HDTV at the parent's home if my schedule permits.

Having UA as a conference rival was one of the reasons why I was excited for the Pac-10 move. Utah will eventually get there but I'm not feeling ASU at all.