PacHoops.com - Target practice

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by allbuffs, Oct 14, 2013.

1. allbuffs

allbuffs Administrator

The Junta would like to welcome Adam Butler of www.PacHoops.com fame back to AllBuffs:

2. jgisland

jgisland Club Member Club Member

Is.It.November.Yet

3. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

gnashing of teeth. Thank goodness for saturday morning.

4. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

#BasketballSchool

5. OUBuff

OUBuff Club Member Club Member

Wow!!! quoting Sun Tzu. How do I rep Adam?

6. Bone Buff

Bone Buff Well-Known Member

Stop, stop. My penis can only get so erect.

7. wyobuff

wyobuff Active Member

there are less days left till bball starts than we have appendages on our body......

8. pachoops

pachoops PacHoops Blogger

That was a fun one to write. Pretty excited for this Pac-12 season and particularly the entire conference coming out of this ugly funk of the past 5 years.

Buffs@5345', btbuff, OUBuff and 2 others like this.
  9. BeBe

BeBe Club Member Club Member

I believe he shows up around these parts as 'pachoops'............................................ Edit: And there he is! Had I read to the end before replying, I wouldn't have needed to.

10. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines Club Member Club Member

I was thinking about the target-on-the-back last year, after the Buffs won the conference tourney. The young guns need to be aware that other teams are lying in wait for their chance to knock off Colorado. What an amazing change.

Funny how conference upswing coincides with our arrival.

11. pachoops

One thing that has somewhat fascinated me and it's a big tribute to Tad and the culture that he's built is that CU's tournament win doesn't feel like a Cinderella tale. The perception seems as if it were expected and that's how it should be. At least to be sustainably successful.

12. L Buff

L Buff Club Member Club Member

Love your articles ... keep 'em coming. :thumbsup:

But ... how do you feel about ESPN actually having a poll about having "Gameday" in either Boulder for the second CU-AZ game as opposed to having it at ****ing Stanford vs "who the hell whatever"? (Of course I'm assuming this issue has not yet been settled).

I'm thinking that after your visit to Boulder for the "Valentine's Day Massacre" ... which you admitted was AWESOME ... maybe you're a little conflicted?

Thoughts?

13. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

It was weird. At least in a way, because on paper that 2011-12 Buffs team had no business making the NCAA tournament, let alone winning a game once it got there. The 2010-11 squad was better. Maybe getting the shaft from the selection committee the year before was a blessing in disguise since it put a chip on their shoulders and cemented the culture. They not only expected to win every game in 2011-12, but they knew that no one was going to give them anything. They had to take it.

14. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Yeah, We do not win the Pac tournament in 2012 without the shenanigans of the selection committee in 2011, IMO.

15. pachoops

I think it's a no brainer to go to Boulder. And here are just a few reasons:
    1) Game Day is a TV show. TV shows are about entertainment. The entertainment value of a CU crowd > Stan crowd
    2) There's national excitement about Arizona. Growing excitement/appreciation for Colorado. There's a hot seat debate at Palo Alto and the weird drama that is and will be the entire Steve Alford tenure at UCLA. Which do you want to drive your show? I'm taking excitement over impending firings.
    3) I want to be a part of Game Day.