1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PacHoops: On Spencer....

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by allbuffs, Jan 14, 2014.

1. allbuffs

allbuffs Administrator

by Adam Butler
    www.PacHoops.com

2. allbuffs

allbuffs Administrator

FYI - Apologies for the timing on this it was received prior to the Fletcher news....

3. pachoops

pachoops PacHoops Blogger

Yeah. Filed this hog in the AM. Piling on but doesn't change the narrative.

Buffalo Brad likes this.
  4. Buffalo Brad

Buffalo Brad Club Member Club Member

Great piece though and thanks for putting it out there. Nice job

pachoops likes this.
  5. jgisland

jgisland Club Member Club Member

Good stuff - and something that hasn't gotten a ton of mentioning, it'll be interesting to see what Tad employs for in-game strategies to pull out some W's.

6. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

We are going to see some incredibly ugly basketball. #tadball on roids

7. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

It's made me ponder a couple of things:

1. Does Tad ignore his hatred of zone defenses in favor of keeping his starters a bit more fresh? Would also allow him to shorten the bench, if so desired.

2. Who picks up the on-court leadership role? Not talking about leadership thru point guard duties, but more in terms of quietly correcting the young guns when needed, vocally encouraging other players, etc.

8. jgisland

jgisland Club Member Club Member

1. I don't think anything is off the table - the bench was already pretty short, so we may actually see a deeper bench but see a 2nd unit of sorts playing a lot more pressure defense (we actually saw this in the first half against UW - the 2nd unit was playing great pressure D).

2. Ski, Ski, Ski and Ski - by all accounts he's the alpha dog on this team, the locker room guy. So he just needs to make sure he's leading by a good example

9. SECOBuffsFan

SECOBuffsFan Active Member

1. I don't think the zone will become any more of a tactic than it already has....he is a man guy and they usually don't vary from that often.

2. Ski...he is the ONE leader now where before there were two

10. pachoops

pachoops PacHoops Blogger

I think a lot of eyes fall to Askia now but, quite honestly, the kid can't take anymore shots. I don't even mean that he needs to curb his number of shots I'm just saying there aren't any more for him to take. Key is for him to become more efficient with all those shots. A tall order but also an order of the collective. A more deliberate offense will dictate better shots. And if it all falls apart at least we know he can still get bad shots up.

Josh Scott really can't play any more efficiently than he already has and already creates much of his own offense (45% assisted at the rim seems pretty low).

Ultimately (and someone said it above) this will need to become some good old fashioned Tad-ball which ain't ugly but it grinds it's way to victories.

11. jwhite17

jwhite17 Member

Unfortunately, I can see Ski pressing even more and taking more shots. He is the biggest enigma on the team. How can one be so good at home one week and shoot 2-21 (0-9 and 0 points in Washington!) on the road the next? I hope we can get the good Ski to show up at home this week. He really needs to keep driving to the rack and getting fouls called to help our team generate offense without Dinwiddie.

The key to me is the Hopkins/Talton combo. Neither guy can replace Dinwiddie individaully, but together, I believe they can at least compensate for him, at least that is what I'm hoping for.

I really don't want to see Stalzer play any more minutes. He is not a Pac 12 level guy, sorry but that's the truth.

Also, Scott/XJ really need to take over.