1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PacHoops: The times, they are a-changin'

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by absinthe, Jan 30, 2014.

1. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

www.PacHoops.com
    Adam Butler

[​IMG]

2. jgisland

jgisland Club Member Club Member

Good stuff - a couple thoughts

A) I'm a huge Bob Dylan fan

B) I've argued over and over that CU needs to get out in transition b/c they do it a lot compared to the rest of the NCAA and b/c that's all I've ever known under Tad. Half-court sets have been ugly, stagnant and honestly brutal to watch, maybe I just don't want to see anymore of them than I have to. But maybe that's cold-war thinking and we're living in a post-cold war SD world. Dinwiddie was the transition offense, he was the one creating and finishing in transition, either by making it or getting fouled. What if this is a half-court team now? As pachoops said, Scott is a half-court player, he's not getting out on the wing on the break and having posterizing dunks off of an ally oop. In hushed circles in the corner of dark rooms it has been discussed, "is the half-court ball movement actually better without Dinwidide in the line-up?" DT has struggled lately, no two-ways about it, but he does create spacing in the half-court against the zone by flashing to the high post, he just needs to have the confidence to pull the trigger on that elbow jumper. Ski is ski, but the guy can break down the defense off the dribble and get to the rack. And Scott is a beast in the post, transition basketball is not is forte.

Maybe just maybe, CU does need to take the air out of the ball on offense and TRY to execute in the half-court.

3. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

So weird how the ball moves better with spencer gone.... unfortunately that fast movement acts like a ping pong ball in the bouncy zone... faster, faster, faster, lost it...

4. pachoops

pachoops PacHoops Blogger

You could've dropped the mic at, "But maybe that's cold-war thinking and we're living in a post-cold war SD world."

5. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

hope we aren't using the titanic soundtrack for the next edition.

6. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

All I hear is that horn from Inception and thinking we are stuck in Limbo