What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

PacHoops: #valentinesdaymassacre preview

So what is with "Bear Down" being a slogan for UofA instead of for Cal? That would seem to be more logical. Anyone (pachoops?) know the origin of that? :huh:

They've got their own "Win one for the Gipper" cheese ball sob story or something from the days of leather helmets. I think. Either that or Pedo Bear originated at UA and they're really proud of their NAMBLA School of Law. I don't recall which it is.

They've got their own "Win one for the Gipper" cheese ball sob story or something from the days of leather helmets. I think. Either that or Pedo Bear originated at UA and they're really proud of their NAMBLA School of Law. I don't recall which it is.

:lol::rofl:

But ... seriously?

Last edited:
Nik was really close with the Pedro Bear part. His name was actually Francisco Bear...semantics.

The story really is a leather topped sob tale of when John Button Salmon - the school's QB, star baseball player, etc. - was in a car wreck and was visited by legendary coach Pop McKale. Salmon, on his death bed, gave his coach some parting wisdom for the team, "Tell them...tell the team...to Bear Down." Read more!

Nik was really close with the Pedro Bear part. His name was actually Francisco Bear...semantics.

The story really is a leather topped sob tale of when John Button Salmon - the school's QB, star baseball player, etc. - was in a car wreck and was visited by legendary coach Pop McKale. Salmon, on his death bed, gave his coach some parting wisdom for the team, "Tell them...tell the team...to Bear Down." Read more!

Wow! That's two things I've learned about today. I love this board!

Thanks. :thumbsup:

GO BUFFS!

Surely you did something to create the situation.

I've been assured by my therapist that my coquettish flirting and enjoyment of tickle fights is irrelevant to what Pedo Bear did to me.

I've been assured by my therapist that my coquettish flirting and enjoyment of tickle fights is irrelevant to what Pedo Bear did to me.

Because of you, that bear is in a zoo. You tell yourself what you need to, so that you can live with yourself.

I would just like to say that i like the Buffs, but after reading this thread have decided that you are a very delusional fan base. You simply can not compare these 2 teams.

We have played 4 times-
The first game you beat us by 1 point @Colorado home.
Second game we won by 18 @Arizona
Third game you won by 2 @ neutral court
Fourth game we won by 9 @ Arizona

So the record is 2-2 for these teams. Comparing the history of these 2 schools isn't even fair so i wont go there. To top it off, lets look at the last 3 years and what actually matters in College Basketball, and that's the Tourney in March, we made it to the Elite 8, you made it to the round of 32. Congrats.

I look forward to playing you guys but to say its even a rivalry is laughable.

Look bellamatt,

nobody here is saying that Colorado - Arizona is now going to replace Duke - UNC as the premier rivalry in the nation. What we did is identified the program in the conference that we wanted to emulate and we nearly overwhelmingly choose Arizona. You should take that as a compliment, we revere the success your program has shown and recognize you as the team to beat in the PAC:12.

That being said, you are a total dumbass who can't understand saracasm and wit. You said we can't compare the programs and yet the records show 2-2 with a huge asterisk. That record seems pretty comparable to me and could have easily be swung in our favor handidly and you know it.

There are two years that matter to me in college basketball. This year by a landslide and last year (just barely). Stop living in the past and get ready for a hostile environment the likes you have never seen before.

I would just like to say that i like the Buffs, but after reading this thread have decided that you are a very delusional fan base. You simply can not compare these 2 teams.

We have played 4 times-

So the record is 2-2 for these teams. Comparing the history of these 2 schools isn't even fair so i wont go there. To top it off, lets look at the last 3 years and what actually matters in College Basketball, and that's the Tourney in March, we made it to the Elite 8, you made it to the round of 32. Congrats.

You start by stating that "you simply can not compare these two teams" and then you immediately compare them. Obviously your credibility is in question, or maybe your grasp of the English Language.

The record is 2-2 in Pac 12 play, and you can only imagine why this fan base might consider that 9 point victory in our last meeting somewhat contentious.

Oh, and one more thing...

You know what, wait...we'll save that for later. let's have fun with this first.

Pachoops, do you want to explain it to him?

EDIT: Nevermind. Tante already shared that this thread is tonge-in-cheek (started by a Wildcat at that). Bellamatt is impressively tone deaf.

Last edited:

We have played 4 times-

555815_10151320762328635_255568458_n.jpg

We have played 4 times-

so what you are saying is Zona has no chance without home cooking?

Look bellamatt,

nobody here is saying that Colorado - Arizona is now going to replace Duke - UNC as the premier rivalry in the nation. What we did is identified the program in the conference that we wanted to emulate and we nearly overwhelmingly choose Arizona. You should take that as a compliment, we revere the success your program has shown and recognize you as the team to beat in the PAC:12.

That being said, you are a total dumbass who can't understand saracasm and wit. You said we can't compare the programs and yet the records show 2-2 with a huge asterisk. That record seems pretty comparable to me and could have easily be swung in our favor handidly and you know it.

There are two years that matter to me in college basketball. This year by a landslide and last year (just barely). Stop living in the past and get ready for a hostile environment the likes you have never seen before.

I never once even hinted at that possibility, but the post's that i read on this board reference to it as a rivalry. And you cant honestly say that you guys are being sarcastic and witty. You have had 2 years of mediocre success, while U of A is in its worst 5 years out of the past 30 and this year tied for 1st in the conference and ranked top 10 pretty much all year is saying something.

Like i said i look forward to playing the Buffs and what you guys are bringing to the conference is a great thing.

The biggest thing that suggests Arizona isn't worthy to me is how they responded when they deservedly got shipped to the NIT last year. They showed their true colors, which is that they're weak and gutless. Their 'snub' last year was NOTHING compared to how badly we got ****ed over by the Committee in 2011. They weren't even snubbed last year, they deserved to be in the NIT. CU's snub in 2011 by the Committee was the biggest robbery ever seen in college basketball..that is, until Chen's winner at Arizona was stolen from us last month. However, our Buffaloes showed the heart and grit we have, and fought on, progressing all the way to Madison Square Garden despite the heartbreak. Arizona, meanwhile, acted like the gutless, heartless wimps they are and went out and lost to Bucknell in the First Round on their home court. It's a matter of toughness. We've got it. They don't.

You honestly cant question our toughness. We have played from behind quite a few times this year and have proven multiple times that we have what it takes to win. Our record could easily be 16-7 or worse, but our toughness as a group is obvious.

As of last year, our team was in shambles at that point and watching them play that last game it was obvious they were done with the season.

I never once even hinted at that possibility, but the post's that i read on this board reference to it as a rivalry. And you cant honestly say that you guys are being sarcastic and witty. You have had 2 years of mediocre success, while U of A is in its worst 5 years out of the past 30 and this year tied for 1st in the conference and ranked top 10 pretty much all year is saying something.

Like i said i look forward to playing the Buffs and what you guys are bringing to the conference is a great thing.

You honestly cant question our toughness. We have played from behind quite a few times this year and have proven multiple times that we have what it takes to win. Our record could easily be 16-7 or worse, but our toughness as a group is obvious.

As of last year, our team was in shambles at that point and watching them play that last game it was obvious they were done with the season.

You might not be a good fit for this site. Have you considered Netbuffs?

I knew this thread was too good to last. Bellamatt (presumably the love child of Sylvia Plath and Matt Thompson) is just reminder that we're not allowed to have nice things.

You might not be a good fit for this site. Have you considered Netbuffs?

I knew this thread was too good to last. Bellamatt (presumably the love child of Sylvia Plath and Matt Thompson) is just reminder that we're not allowed to have nice things.

so what you are saying is Zona has no chance without home cooking?

Haha, ok guys, i was trying to have a conversation with you all, and these are the responses that i get. So it looks like that is out of the question.

1. insult intelligence of board.
2. Get insulted back, albeit with actual humor involved.
3. Claim innocence, play the victim.
4. Pretend you are not a soulless, scummy, and humorless fan with limited intelligence.

Did I get that right?

4. Pretend you are not a soulless, scummy, and humorless fan with limited intelligence.

Did I get that right?

i stand by my delusion comment.

Did I get that right?

I'm pretty sure those are the requirements to post on the site.

5. ?????????
6. HUSKER!!

Did I get that right?

This guy has a doll collection. I don't know if it's bobbleheads, GI Joes or other, but there are dolls.

Welcome to the board. You may just fit right in with our troll collection. You've earned it so far. I look forward to you proving you are worthy of honorary opposing fan representative status. Good luck with that. Pachoops has you way beat so far.

Also, I notice your "delusion" comment has had to stand on its own with absolutely no reply to the arguments against it. Can we assume you have nothing left to say, and instead must rely solely on that shallow and faulty argument to reach your pre-determined conclusion?

Did I get that right?

SNOW stop revealing the playbook,how many times do we have to talk about this?

And you would be wrong.

CU fans know where we stand in the world of college basketball history. We also know our current team's limitations. That's what makes it funny to flaunt the "100% of all Pac 12 banners" remarks, and our refusal to acknowledge that Arizona has ever been anything but an NIT team. Somehow Pachoops gets it.

But you couldn't see the satire through your own insecurities and need to identify with your team's success (see earlier husker comparison). We're not delusional--you're humorless.

Now you've gotten your stain all over the rest of us. This thread now sucks and you've got me destroying it too. We all suck because of you. You're like a suck multiplier.

Back