What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Paging Dave Plati and Mike Bohn

I emailed Bohn, Bruce, Dave and even Ritter. Already got a quick reply from Bohn, just saying thank and I understand your point. One question I have, is if the state of Tejas wants Baylor in so bad how come nobody has mentioned OSU as being a possible reject option? Not sure why they should be a shoe in, especially over Colorado. Come on Nebraska! Accept that Big 10 invite and put all the marbles in the Pac 10's court.

Here's the thing in regards to OSU: Texas is rewarding OSU for its loyalty. Boone Pickens is an OSU guy, but he's also a Texan and has great working relationships with the power brokers there. OSU has become an ally with UT since the Big 12 was formed -- almost kind of like an uncle/nephew relationship. It's hard to explain, but there's a solid link between the two.

And yes, the Pac-10 has given UT the ability to bring whom it wants -- and they want A&M, Tech and OU for obvious reasons. They also understand grabbing Denver is important to the overall value of a Pac-16. No way they sacrifice CU/Denver for Baylor/Waco.

15 Baylor grad legislators and big shot Baylor boosters are sending quite a signal. In the past 24 hours, Baylor has come on strong to replace CU in the media, and the Big X finished their weekend summit by making no announcement about Nebraska nor Mizzou..

fixed.

I get the OSU being tied to OU argument, but it makes me wonder why is OU so attractive? Honestly, is OU/OSU a better "get" for the Pac 10 than Utah/BYU, or Utah/Kansas? OU is a great football program, but it doesn't seem they deliver much in the way or TV sets, and dumping them would allow the Pac 10 to ditch another UT lapdog.

OU has a mammoth football program and a national following/interest on fall Saturdays. You're seriously questioning why OU has a seat at this table? Come on now.

Nice fix, Jimmy.

And behind those 15 Baylor educated Texas legislators is one of Baylor's 25 Regents, Mr. Buddy Jones.

Buddy is the son of a Baptist reverend who also was a Baylor regent. Instead of going into religion, Buddy branched into politics and founded a lobbying/PR firm that went to bat for the banking industry on issues addressing the Texas legislature. Here's an example of his mad media skills as it relates to questions from members of Baylor's alumni association as to how Buddy got their e-mail addresses:

Now, here is the classic email from Buddy Jones to Todd Copeland showing Buddy’s true nature and his level of care for Baylor Alumni:

Todd -
I know you are not helping us. I'd be pleased to put it on a T shirt and wear it if it would clear it up for you or for the idiot who is complaining. The Alumni Association has a book which has the names and addresses and e-mails of all of its members in it. At my expense I had each put into a data base and mailed to all of the folks listed in the book. It was hard because there was an additional character in most of them but it's amazing what one can accomplish by throwing enough money at a problem. Let me know if I need to send an e-mail to all 47,000 in our data base clarifying you are not helping Friends of Baylor and I will be pleased to do so. I am not sure it would help you politically but I will do it if it is necessary. Or I can just keep responding to brain dead folks like the guy who wrote me and clearing it up one at a time. Thanks.
Buddy Jones

Wow, sounds like a classy guy...

Nice fix, Jimmy.

And behind those 15 Baylor educated Texas legislators is one of Baylor's 25 Regents, Mr. Buddy Jones.

Buddy is the son of a Baptist reverend who also was a Baylor regent. Instead of going into religion, Buddy branched into politics and founded a lobbying/PR firm that went to bat for the banking industry on issues addressing the Texas legislature. Here's an example of his mad media skills as it relates to questions from members of Baylor's alumni association as to how Buddy got their e-mail addresses:

Back