What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Paige on how Shannahan would do at CU

After two years what are the Buffs going to pay him? 6 million dollars a year for a HC is not in our future, unless we find a huge donor. That is why Mike won't coach the Buffs anytime soon.

Last edited:
If that's how the contract is written, then I agree with you, but there's been some confusion about that. Some have said the net payment clause applies to any job, not just an NFL job.

Does anyone know how this works?

I do know that in the past, former NFL coaches have been paid by their former team while also working as a college coach. If all contracts are the same then that is how it must be, but that is huge if.

If that's how the contract is written, then I agree with you, but there's been some confusion about that. Some have said the net payment clause applies to any job, not just an NFL job.

Does anyone know how this works?

Yeah I guess I'm not a 100% sure on that either.

After two years what are the Buffs going to pay him? 6 million dollars a year for a HC is not in our future, unless we find a huge donor. That is why Dan won't coach the Buffs anytime soon.

You mean Mike???? :confused:

Can someone call Independence CC and find out for sure what Shannahan's contract entails?

If Mike legitimately wanted to be the Buff coach, donors would step up. But, not gonna happen

Back