What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Paige's Picks for new HC vs. Your Picks

Logan said on his radio show he would take it if offered. It is his dream job.

If it's his dream job, then he needs to get to work on making it a reality. Coaching at Mullen isn't going to magically earn him a shot at the CU HC job. There is a process that one goes through to become a head football coach at a major D-1 university. He's not taking part in that process. Well, he is - sort of. His coaching pedigree is good enough to land him a spot as an OC or position coach at a college, that's it. If he really wants the job, he needs to give up all the other stuff he has going on and take an OC job somewhere - if he can.

One scenario that would be interesting is the possibility of Mac taking over and Logan getting named as his OC. If that came to pass, it would do wonders for CU in the local media. And I actually think that Logan would do a damn good job for Mac in that role.

One scenario that would be interesting is the possibility of Mac taking over and Logan getting named as his OC. If that came to pass, it would do wonders for CU in the local media. And I actually think that Logan would do a damn good job for Mac in that role.

It would kill the Denver media to have to start covering CU in a favorable light. :lol:

Maybe not, but I bet Fedora would.

Larry Fedora looks like he might be moonlighting on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia as Charley.
larry-fedora.jpg

charlie-day-always-sunny-in-philadelphia.jpg

i'm against it. 1. against a nostalgia hire and 2. against Logan who has never called a play in college football.

see my previous post about Hawkins, Helfrich, Kiesau learning on the job at CU. none of them coordinators, and neither is Dave L.

What really strikes me is the sudden abundance of chatter in the media and fan sites about Hawk's replacement. Almost too much chatter for it to be just talk. CU has gotten good at the trial balloon strategy (Pac 10 move was the worst kept secret ever) and between this and the Mac talk, I can't help but wonder if wheels are turning somewhere.

Also, I just read the article - NM St won a conference title in 1976 with a 4-6-1 record...how the f**k does that happen?

If it's his dream job, then he needs to get to work on making it a reality. Coaching at Mullen isn't going to magically earn him a shot at the CU HC job. There is a process that one goes through to become a head football coach at a major D-1 university. He's not taking part in that process. Well, he is - sort of. His coaching pedigree is good enough to land him a spot as an OC or position coach at a college, that's it. If he really wants the job, he needs to give up all the other stuff he has going on and take an OC job somewhere - if he can.

I agree!!! What is pretty sad is that he could get his "dream job" if he just put in a little more work and took an O/C coordinator job someplace. He wouldn't need that long maybe two years even at a mid major place and he could have a legit chance to become the next HC at CU whenever the job opens up. If it really is your "Dream Job" Logan then go out and work for it. What bugs me about this guy is its like he expects CU to just hand him the job on a silver platter without putting in the right amount of work and going about getting it in the right way. Go take a coordinator job someplace or swallow some pride and get on board CU as a position coach and work your way up. I think he likes all his other side gigs too much to put in the work needed.

Last edited:
Last thought is where are the big donors? What's up with the million dollar doner club? November/December 2010 sure would be a great time to kick this thing off so we could have the cash to get a really good coach. I hope they are just laying low until the end of the season and then make a move to buy out Hawkins contract and put some extra $$ to hire a big name but I'm not going to hold my breath. Wouldn't expect to hear anything yet about the plans but just saying would be nice for them to get it together in time for the next coaching search.

What's the deal with Al Golden, people really seem to like him for turning Temple around, but it's still Temple. And I remember the UVA defenses being decent but not spectacular...someone enlighten me on the appeal.

Well I think the draw is that he turned around Temple. He also has pretty impressive experience at both Virginia and Penn State. From wiki bio:

Golden was named head football coach at Temple University in December 2005, as the second-youngest head coach in NCAA football at that time, behind Northwestern's Pat Fitzgerald. Temple had a record of 3-31 during the three years before Golden was hired. As Head Coach of the Temple Owls, Golden currently has a 19-29 record, including a record of 5-7 in 2008, Temple's best record in almost 20 years.
The Owls finished the 2009 regular season 9-3, their best record since 1979. They faced the UCLA Bruins in the EagleBank Bowl on December 29, 2009—the Owls' first post-season appearance since the 1979 Garden State Bowl. After leading for three quarters, the Owls fell to the Bruins 30-21.

If I recall correctly someone on this board (BuffinVA or CarolinaBuff?) knew more about him and wasn't overly impressed. Take it for what it's worth.

I also prefer McElwain over Smart. Saban has always been all about the defense so I am wary of how well Smart would do without Saban around.

Skidmark: Not bad, but I still believe his look-alike is none other than THE BAD MAN, Razor Ramon:

RazorRamon.jpg

larry-fedora.jpg

Well I think the draw is that he turned around Temple. He also has pretty impressive experience at both Virginia and Penn State. From wiki bio:

If I recall correctly someone on this board (BuffinVA or CarolinaBuff?) knew more about him and wasn't overly impressed. Take it for what it's worth.

The reason I like Al Golden is he has some pretty good experience with BCS programs at the coordinator level. I also got to see some of his team this last year and I liked the way they played....FWIW.

Brent Venables would be my choice. Look what Bo Peep did for braska. He's a no nonsense stud who gave the corn instant credibility. He willed his way to wins and I think Venables would be the same type of coach. Opponents would not take Colorado lightly with him as a HC.

Brent Venables would be my choice. Look what Bo Peep did for braska. He's a no nonsense stud who gave the corn instant credibility. He willed his way to wins and I think Venables would be the same type of coach. Opponents would not take Colorado lightly with him as a HC.

Another thing about Venable is that he can recruit Texas so going into the Pac 10 our natural recruiting base, California, will be enhanced with a major Texas presence. Could you imagine Colorado going into Pac 10 play with serious Texas recruits in addition to the California recruits? That would be a stud team boy.

Back