What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Passing on the 3rd down at the end of the game was the right decision

Is everyone being consistent with what he wanted at the time the play was live?

I think you take your shot to win it right there. Get 6 yards with a throw or Hansen scramble and we're taking a knee to end the game.

I agree 100%.

I wanted a pass (just not THAT pass) and said so to my friends at the time at the game, and I'm not going back on that.

I love that we established the run, but I don' think a run would have worked, plus, a first down seals the game. There needs to be a money play that the team all believes in and knows will work when it is needed and used. I would still want a pass in that situation in the future (unless the same pass play is called, then by all means, RUN).

Last edited:
In the UCLA/WSU game on Saturday UCLA was in the exact same position we were in against WSU. About 2 minutes left up by 3 with the ball on 3rd down and no timeouts left for WSU. They threw the ball (to Josh Smith) and got the first, game over. Again, IMO the only mistake we made was not throwing it on 1st and 2nd down as well.

In the UCLA/WSU game on Saturday UCLA was in the exact same position we were in against WSU. About 2 minutes left up by 3 with the ball on 3rd down and no timeouts left for WSU. They threw the ball (to Josh Smith) and got the first, game over. Again, IMO the only mistake we made was not throwing it on 1st and 2nd down as well.

I remain convinced Hansen will burn you more times than he will make the play in that situation. I am not putting the ball in his hands with the game on the line if I can help it. Run, run, run, punt. Hated the call then and I still hate it now.

boils down to the kids need to make the play - that Speedy screen for the should have been first down against Stanford could have changed the momentum - players have to make the play

I remain convinced Hansen will burn you more times than he will make the play in that situation. I am not putting the ball in his hands with the game on the line if I can help it. Run, run, run, punt. Hated the call then and I still hate it now.
almost like the KU game last year - could have ran out the 25 sec clock, back up 5 yards penalty, run a roll out and Hansen take time off the clock running around, punt team take a penalty (kill the 25 sec clock again) then snap for punt at the last second--- Stanford gets the ball with very little time / problem is they scored in like 45 seconds:cry:

Back