What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Paul Richardson, Gerald Thomas, Nelson Spruce, Jeff Thomas, Vincent Hobbs

Are you sure about this? Thought Ringo said this week he wasn't working with the team. So I thought he was at CU,but not necessarily back with the team.

Please don't listen to what that crock says. He's spewed a **** ton of lies about the university since the firing of Embree.

Richardson was a legit star before injury - lets see how he comes back - I hope he is fully recovered.

This is the huge question. If he can be close to what the was prior to the injury he is a legitimate star, a game changer. A healthy PRich means teams will have to shift coverages to deal with him.

The rest of the guys we have can be very good but none of them so far have shown to be special. Put them into a situation where the defense isn't concentrating on them and they can be effective.

Comments you made about Spruce and McCulloch are both spot on. McCulloch was asked to be something he isn't by the last staff with deep routes and isolation stuff. He is much better suited for exploiting his size against safeties or beating LBs in shorter zones with the defense spread back by PRich. Same kind of thing with Spruce. Put him into some positions where he has the defense rotated towards PRich and he can do some things one on one, let the D put more focus on him and he becomes much less effective.

Our WRs will also look much better if we can get any kind of consistent running game happening. Last year we had way to many 3rd and 7 or longer situations where the defense didn't have to honor the run making our recievers much less effective.

I am with most of the rest of ABers on this one in that some of our receivers have shown talent or potential but many are unproven They were operating in a bad system with mostly bad QBs (certainly piss poor QB play).

If the offense is built around the skills we have, and we get good QB playand some production out of our running game, I will be excited. Although I have a history of kool aidism Embree and company helped speed me up through step 7 of the recovery process.

We haven´t even started spring yet, so I am not ready to suggest that any part of our team, offense, receivers, QB, RB, TEs, OL, Defense, LB, DL, or DBs are going to excel b-c none of them really did, at least not consistently all last year.

Man, could you imagine? Holy crap, total Bufffan meltdown... What if this new offense (what he was recruited for out of high school) explodes with him at the helm? EB and JE would be laughing so loud, we could here them in Boulder.

If Webb did win the starting job and then had a good season, I think it would be the other way. We'd be laughing at EB and JE for not being able to get that kind of performance out of Webb.

That said, I'm not expecting it to happen. My money's on Dillon winning the job.

Are you sure about this? Thought Ringo said this week he wasn't working with the team. So I thought he was at CU,but not necessarily back with the team.

Possible. Not sure why he'd be here paying out-of-state tuition if he wasn't going to be trying to earn back a scholarship like he said was his plan. It's also possible that there are NCAA rules that prevent walk-ons from participating in team activities during a period Kyle was referring to. I know there's a roster limit for pre-season practices in the fall. Maybe it was something like that.

Austin Vincent - heard he has met with 2 of the coaches, but has not been asked back yet.....fingers crossed.

I think the difference between last year and this years WR play will be about the same (or better) than the difference between having backup RBs playing DB and then getting a couple 4 stars playing. We get a lot of speed coming in, some experience back and just more options. Agree that McCullough, can be effective if used appropriately. All will benefit from just a better system as well. Night and Day differences ahead.

That's the spirit!
Is there really any other possible way to answer a question about the probability of us going to a bowl game this season? If we find a way to a bowl game I will double my $2 donation to the AD!

Is there really any other possible way to answer a question about the probability of us going to a bowl game this season? If we find a way to a bowl game I will double my $2 donation to the AD!

You probably have to be a little more regular here, to have gotten the joke.

I've been preaching caution on this one. Just because the kid says he's coming back to earn his way onto the team doesn't mean he is.... I brought this up with Adam at one of the MBB games and he agreed to look into it but I haven't heard anything.

If Vincent was doing this while working with the AD to assure his eligiblity, I'd feel good about it. If he's doing it in a vacuum, then I think he could have some difficulty. One of which being the semester at Sam Houston State. Since they are a D1 school, he'd have to sit out unless the AD had petitioned for an exemption (perhaps if certain classes weren't available at the JC to transfer back into CU. Whether or not he played or practices with the team has absolutely nothing to do with his transfer situation (unless things have changed since the RB from Nebraska transferred here - The Plumber or whatever Hawkins called him).

Back