What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Paul richardson is a buff

You can only have so many WRs on the field at one time. If you waste a freshman year to get him snaps in a couple games like Simmons last year, just redshirt him. This move is more important for after next season than it is for 2010. Our underclassmen depth is not very good.

You recruit more WR next year, and the year after that. Get him snaps. Get him experience. That will be more important than the extra year of eligibility. What we need right now is talent and depth at WR. If he plays, we have that. If he doesn't, we don't. No more of this BS about recruiting gaps. Put talent on the field. Figure we have two years of Clemons, one year of Richardson and one year of Scotty. You want to go into next year with Clemons being the only guy with any significant playing experience? I sure as hell don't.

You recruit more WR next year, and the year after that. Get him snaps. Get him experience. That will be more important than the extra year of eligibility. What we need right now is talent and depth at WR. If he plays, we have that. If he doesn't, we don't. No more of this BS about recruiting gaps. Put talent on the field. Figure we have two years of Clemons, one year of Richardson and one year of Scotty. You want to go into next year with Clemons being the only guy with any significant playing experience? I sure as hell don't.
RS him.

I thought we recruited two good WRs last years and both redshirted. I know the turd got switched to defense, but what about the other dude?

You're forgetting about Jefferson and there is a good chance Jarrod Darden and Celestine will get reps this year as well.

I thought we recruited two good WRs last years and both redshirted. I know the turd got switched to defense, but what about the other dude?

Darden will see the field this year, for sure.

We're going to need talent at WR - this year. There is no tomorrow. There's no "saving" a kid for next year. If we come out in a 4 WR set against CSU, their defensive coaches will sh*t themselves on the spot. If we have the talent, use it. For the love of GAWD, stop screwing around and put the talent you have to use.

We're going to need talent at WR - this year. There is no tomorrow. There's no "saving" a kid for next year. If we come out in a 4 WR set against CSU, their defensive coaches will sh*t themselves on the spot. If we have the talent, use it. For the love of GAWD, stop screwing around and put the talent you have to use.
Sure there is. The next coach will have an extra year to work with Paul. I thought even you would see that.

I never knew it was so easy to just throw true freshmen out on the field and watch the offense flourish.

Step One: Play Paul Richardson
Step Two: Sit back and watch the W's start rolling in.

Who knew it was this simple all along?? :lol:

I agree the best thing we can do is redshirt him. Mostly because I honestly don't see this season going anywhere with or without him, and at the moment the need at WR looks greater down the road. We need to recruit WRs either way, but I see no reason to burn a year of Richardson's eligibility when we've got several guys we can play this year.

Why? Is he better than the receivers we've got?

Who are our receivers that are so great? McKnight is leaving next year. Clemons looks to be good but we don't know yet. Other than that a lot of unknowns to me. Jefferson might be good but who knows. The more talent that Hawk brings in the better.

I think this is fantastic. Our WR talent just went from bad to very good in the span of two weeks with the additions of Richardson and Patterson. Add Scotty, Celestine, and Clemons, and we have some real weapons. Simmons and Darden add some needed depth to the position, too. What was a weakness is now a strength. This is good.
Maybe if these guys can score a few TDs, we won't have to worry about that pesky FG kicking issue ..... just sayin'.

Just a few short months ago, we were crying about our lack of depth at WR after Simas left. DOOM! was the rallying cry. We don't have speed. We don't have talent. We don't have depth. Our offense is going to suck!!!

Good thing that's all taken care of now. Glad to know we have all the depth that we need. No need for any more talent to help out our struggling quarterbacks. A 3-9 team certainly has no need for additional help at any position, certainly not from a mere 4* Wr. phsssshhhh, what was I thinking?

i canceled my rivals subscription but tziskin started a thread titled "paul richardson..." and it had lots of replies and 5 stars. rivals guys was he piggy backing bcs' thread or starting his own?

i canceled my rivals subscription but tziskin started a thread titled "paul richardson..." and it had lots of replies and 5 stars. rivals guys was he piggy backing bcs' thread or starting his own?
His own. A 3rd person just confirmed it as well.

Well I figure if Richardson can play this year and make an impact, let him play. If the coaches are going to burn his redshirt to get him on the field for 5 catches total on the season, that's a massive waste. There was a rumor that Donnie Duncan was slated to get some playing time this year as a true freshman right? Obviously if that was true then the coaches don't feel great about our depth at WR. Then again that was before Patterson transferred in, so maybe we have enough depth to afford redshirting a player as talented as Richardson.

This guy has some really nice film. He can make you miss. I expect him to play if he's healthy.

This guy has some really nice film. He can make you miss. I expect him to play if he's healthy.

Brandon Huffman, Scout's guy for the West, said that Richardson had the top hands in the region for this class.

kind of indirectly related question, is Simmons supposed to be on the squad next year? I think he's solid if given the ball.

Last edited:
kind of indirectly related question, is Simmons supposed to be on the squad next year? I think he's solid if given the ball.
Last I recall was waiting for summer session because of possible academic issue

Back