What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Paul Richardson is entering the NFL Draft

I should have added in the Prich tweet thread that I don't think he's going to get much bigger. He has had 3.5-4 years of lifting at the college level and while he will prob add another 10 lb in NFL prep IMO he's never "bulk up" as some people have suggested he will with another year here. I'd say his body maxed out early and another year just exposes him for injury. Run like the wind to the NFL young Buffalo!

I agree. He is what he is body wise. I think it will even be VERY difficult for him to add anywhere near 10 pounds in combine prep. Regardless, coming back for another year isn't going to produce a lot of extra muscle mass for him.

Talked to a guy in the know and he compared Prich to Santio Holmes in college.

I agree. He is what he is body wise. I think it will even be VERY difficult for him to add anywhere near 10 pounds in combine prep. Regardless, coming back for another year isn't going to produce a lot of extra muscle mass for him.

While it certainly wouldn't be a reason to keep him at CU, I think it's nonsense to dismiss his ability to add weight. Look at him. He ought to be able to add ten pounds easily.

Re: Paul Richardson

While it certainly wouldn't be a reason to keep him at CU, I think it's nonsense to dismiss his ability to add weight. Look at him. He ought to be able to add ten pounds easily.

Yep. And he will need to do so to be successful in the nfl.

Paul Richardson

PRich leaving makes me a sad panda. Can't blame him, though. It's just that I think that CU with him next year could make a bowl game. Without him, it'll be much more difficult. And it was difficult enough to begin with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have little to no hope that he stays either but I can dream.

He does deserve our thanks though for all he has done.

In addition to the numbers he has put up on the field it seems like he has made a similar huge contribution that doesn't show up in his stats.

This year we have seen the attitiude and indentity of a team change. From a bunch of losing quiters we have seen a team show up that has fought to the end in most games, even when hope of winning was gone on the scoreboard. We have seen a team that enjoys playing, that works hard, that gets better.

PRich is one of the few players on the team good enough to demand the respect of the team without saying it. His willingness to work hard, to overcome his injury and the subsequent injuries he has faced, his positive attitude goes a long way in leading the rest of the team to buy into what we have seen happen.

This tweet might be an indication that he sees a general improvement in recruiting or it may mean that he convinced somebody to commit. Having a high profile guy like PRich working on kids can be a huge factor in getting HS kids to consider your program.

I have little to no hope that he stays either but I can dream.

He does deserve our thanks though for all he has done.

In addition to the numbers he has put up on the field it seems like he has made a similar huge contribution that doesn't show up in his stats.

This year we have seen the attitiude and indentity of a team change. From a bunch of losing quiters we have seen a team show up that has fought to the end in most games, even when hope of winning was gone on the scoreboard. We have seen a team that enjoys playing, that works hard, that gets better.

PRich is one of the few players on the team good enough to demand the respect of the team without saying it. His willingness to work hard, to overcome his injury and the subsequent injuries he has faced, his positive attitude goes a long way in leading the rest of the team to buy into what we have seen happen.

This tweet might be an indication that he sees a general improvement in recruiting or it may mean that he convinced somebody to commit. Having a high profile guy like PRich working on kids can be a huge factor in getting HS kids to consider your program.

Maybe I'm looking at this too superficially, but I thought it meant that he expects our football team to be better in 2014 and one to keep an eye based on the progress we are making. It remains to be seen if he plans to be a part of the program next year, or if he'll just continue to cheer them on from his next chapter in life. We'll know soon enough.

I would expect that he already has the decision made. That said he is also an intelligent and thoughtful guy.

His coaches probably know but he may want to go home for the break and make sure in his own mind that his decision is the right one.

He will announce when he believes it is the right time.

His twitter feed certainly makes it seem like he's on the farewell tour, thanking Walters and MacIntyre. Richardson is a very intelligent person. Honestly, not to pile on him, but read Richardson's tweets... then read McColloch's. There's no comparison intelligence wise. McColloch comes off as really juvenile and kinda dumb.

You just described approximately 87.4 percent of college students from the point of view of all of us 35 year olds...

^^This^^

PRich is remarkable for his ability to communicate effectively and intelligently in the fish bowl he is in.

I guess you're right. I turn 30 in February. I'm only just now understanding how juvenile and dumb the 18-22 year old athlete demographic really is.

Thanks for the memories PRich, you were the one reason so many Buffs had hope and still do. I for one can't wait to see you on Sunday, go take the money and don't look back. You will always be a BUFF young man, Shoulder to Shoulder

Back