What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Paul Richardson predicted to go in the first round per Todd McShay

Welcome to the Emerald City PRich! I will be buying his jersey the first chance I can. I was at a Mariners game when they announced the pick and told everyone who would listen that the Hawks just landed a serious playmaker ! So fired up to have him in my city!

Also, Carroll recruited PR out of HS, so they go back a ways.

Lobato signed free agent with Indy

Wyo had 2 guys drafted

I said it earlier but a big F you to some of our fans and the horse**** they heaped on Paul about not being draftable, his frame, not having an NFL skill set, and all the other ****. Second round pick to the SB champs? how does that break better? (I know some of you would argue he goes to a team with a more clear need but to be fair it will help Paul to develope for a year or so, get further away from the injury and put on some weight If he doesnt have to come in and shoulder the load like he could have elsewhere)

I said it earlier but a big F you to some of our fans and the horse**** they heaped on Paul about not being draftable, his frame, not having an NFL skill set, and all the other ****. Second round pick to the SB champs? how does that break better? (I know some of you would argue he goes to a team with a more clear need but to be fair it will help Paul to develope for a year or so, get further away from the injury and put on some weight If he doesnt have to come in and shoulder the load like he could have elsewhere)

And he could have been a first rounder had Seattle stayed put.

Wait what's the issue with Seattle. Harvin and Rice both have injury history and they don't have a WR like PRich. He may not be 1 or 2 on the depth chart his rookie year, but most rookies aren't either

You should go check out the PRich threads before last year, or even during the season. Ouch

I'd guess that there were some teams scared off by his weight, his injury history, the incident that got him out of UCLA who had him much lower on their draft boards.

Don't think it's a coincidence that two teams that worry less about that stuff and more about how a guy produces on the field, Seattle and Denver, ended up in the SuperBowl.

Seattle has had some draft choices not work out, they have also had some that didn't conform to popular thinking that turned out very well for them.

Bottom line is what they are thinking works. Says a lot about PRich that a program that successful took him.

Wait what's the issue with Seattle. Harvin and Rice both have injury history and they don't have a WR like PRich. He may not be 1 or 2 on the depth chart his rookie year, but most rookies aren't either

It's mainly because Seattle uses power run as the foundation of their offense. Nothing wrong with that w/r/t P-Rich just means he won't put up big numbers. Also, Harvin & P-Rich have separate roles & sqwaks are far more invested in PR than Rice. Bodes well

I agree. They already have a historically good defense, and adding a weapon like PRich and a creative gameplan could make their offense could be really good.

He's got the skill set with a combo of speed, leaping ability and very decent hands, but his frame is still a concern, in the Seattle "O" he's gonna get sent over the middle, where he will be hit by NFL DB's who are men, not by some 5"10" 170 college boys who will never see the inside of an NFL locker room. He will also be asked to block for that run-predominant offense and IMHO again his frame is not set up, right now, to handle that effectively.

Like Roberson in BB, I'm glad he was drafted high enough to make a financial difference in his life. But his long term success in the League, is still an open question.

He's got the skill set with a combo of speed, leaping ability and very decent hands, but his frame is still a concern, in the Seattle "O" he's gonna get sent over the middle, where he will be hit by NFL DB's who are men, not by some 5"10" 170 college boys who will never see the inside of an NFL locker room. He will also be asked to block for that run-predominant offense and IMHO again his frame is not set up, right now, to handle that effectively.

Like Roberson in BB, I'm glad he was drafted high enough to make a financial difference in his life. But his long term success in the League, is still an open question.

Good point. That is why Seattle has monster WRs like Golden Tate and Doug Baldwin.

Good point. That is why Seattle has monster WRs like Golden Tate and Doug Baldwin.

Tate is a Lion now. Stafford should have some pretty good fantasy numbers with the addition of Tate and Ebron.

Baldwin is definitely a stud, and Seattle has Kearse and some others as well. What Seattle didn't have (until now) is that player with over the top speed. I'm not counting Harvin since he was not a part of the regular lineup last year. PRich brings a deep threat that Seattle has been sorely missing. When Rice went down and Harvin wasn't in the lineup, there was no receiver in Seattle who could get significant downfield separation. Not Tate, and not Baldwin. They had to be (and were) more clutch receivers. Enter PRich...

I expect PRich to see plenty of action this year. I would love to see him lined up opposite of Harvin with some crossing and post routes. Richardson's job won't be to block, it will be to stretch the defense and keep them honest.

Back