What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Paul Richardson predicted to go in the first round per Todd McShay

As a Patriots fan I'm very much hoping we pick him up in the 1st. The thought of Brady throwing to him... that'd be fantastic both for the Patriots and PRich. The Patriots need receiving help too, more than any other position. So it's very possible.

Either way I hope he lands in a great situation.

[video=youtube;fbpgIvOYQhk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbpgIvOYQhk[/video]

[video=youtube;rM4or-l9OcA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM4or-l9OcA[/video]

I would love to see him with the Colts. They are short on targets and he could grow with the best young QB in the league for a long time.

I'm prolly in the minority, but I think it would be better if PRich dropped to the 2nd or 3rd round. He'd still be expected to compete for playing time or even a starting role, but without all the pressure of being the 1st round receiving corps savior.

He absolutely is.

I wouldn't say absolutely right now. Wilson is highly composed and a great leader at his age and experience level.

In the long run I think Luck is much more talented and is also highly intelligent. In the long term I would much rather have Luck, right now I would probably take Wilson for this moment.

Wilson has better stays except yards. Why do you rank Luck higher?

I would absolutely put Luck ahead of Wilson. He took over a 1 win football team and won 10 games as a rookie. The Colts are not nearly as talented as Seattle IMO. Luck is the kind of QB that can win games for you, I see Wilson as a solid QB who won't hurt you and will win a lot of games with a dominant defense, but I don't see him having the same ability to carry his team to victory when they need it.

I would absolutely put Luck ahead of Wilson. He took over a 1 win football team and won 10 games as a rookie. The Colts are not nearly as talented as Seattle IMO. Luck is the kind of QB that can win games for you, I see Wilson as a solid QB who won't hurt you and will win a lot of games with a dominant defense, but I don't see him having the same ability to carry his team to victory when they need it.
^This. Also the 8 fourth quarter comebacks and 11 game-winning drives he has in only 2 seasons in pro football also show me he's calm and cool under pressure. More so than the other young quarterbacks in the league.

I always thought Luck was better than Wilson until I saw Wilson play and now I'm not so sure. I think it is going to take a few years to shake out. I also think that the Colts tanked on purpose. They went from 10 wins to 2 wins and up to 11 wins (playing a last place schedule). It just seems fishy.

I do think Luck is awesome but am starting to buy into the Wilson hype.

Full disclosure, I'm a 49er fan and think Wilson is a short, talentless, douche with a weak arm and bad hair. Also He sucks at baseball and I hear he eats his own boogers. So that may be clouding my judgement a little.

Full disclosure, I'm a 49er fan and think Wilson is a short, talentless, douche with a weak arm and bad hair. Also He sucks at baseball and I hear he eats his own boogers. So that may be clouding my judgement a little.

Do you think Colin is better than Luck? Also it sounds like Rivers and Wilson may be related. Is booger eating genetic?

I always thought Luck was better than Wilson until I saw Wilson play and now I'm not so sure. I think it is going to take a few years to shake out. I also think that the Colts tanked on purpose. They went from 10 wins to 2 wins and up to 11 wins (playing a last place schedule). It just seems fishy.

Very good assessment. There is a reason why Wilson lasted until the third round. Luck is much more physically gifted but It's hard to argue with Wilsons results and his performance in getting those results. That said, and I'm not making any comparisons yet but SF fans might want to remember that they had a QB who dropped into the 3rd round because he wasn't the biggest guy or had the strongest arm who ended up doing fairly well.

And yes if the Colts didn't tank it to get the Luck pick they sure looked like they were.

Very good assessment. There is a reason why Wilson lasted until the third round. Luck is much more physically gifted but It's hard to argue with Wilsons results and his performance in getting those results. That said, and I'm not making any comparisons yet but SF fans might want to remember that they had a QB who dropped into the 3rd round because he wasn't the biggest guy or had the strongest arm who ended up doing fairly well. There were 5 QBs taken before Wilson but you could argue that only one is playing better than Wilson right now and I'm not sure it is an argument you would win.

And yes if the Colts didn't tank it to get the Luck pick they sure looked like they were.

Round drafted doesn't mean anything once you start playing. Too many first round busts at QB. Too many overall number one busts at QB. Luck for sure looked like a better QB prospect. Size speed and brains but Wilson is damn good.

Round drafted doesn't mean anything once you start playing. Too many first round busts at QB. Too many overall number one busts at QB. Luck for sure looked like a better QB prospect. Size speed and brains but Wilson is damn good.

Agree with this completely.

I do think that Luck was worth being the first pick and will have an elite type career but that doesn't mean that all the QBs who are drafted highly are going to turn out or that guys who fall in the draft are not. Wilson may not have as much talent to carry a team but put him with the right people and he can be as good as you need to win a lot.

I do also see a lot of QBs who I think fail or succeed due to the team the end up on. Look at the number of high picks Cleveland has used on QBs with no results, Oakland and some other teams as well. I can't help but think that at least some of those "bust" wouldn't have been at least decent NFL QBs had they landed on teams that developed and supported them better.

When Carr went to Houston he looked like the real deal. Big powerful guy with a very good arm and good brains. Only complaint was a little bit of a slow release but no slower than some other guys who were winning games in the NFL. He ended up getting sack and hit so much that by the time he finally parted ways with the Texans it looked like he was more concerned about where the hit was coming from than finding the open reciever.

Do you think Colin is better than Luck? Also it sounds like Rivers and Wilson may be related. Is booger eating genetic?

I wish I could say that I thought Kap was better than Luck, but he's just not. I think he's good enough to win a Super Bowl with the team he's got around him, but I don't think he'll ever be a top 3-4 QB in this league...I think Luck will.

Luck was the most NFL ready college QB I have ever seen. I thought Wilson was too short and was going to suck. Shows how much I know. I wonder if more NFL teams thought that Wilson was going to last until a later round so they waited or teams were just not impressed with his size. Guy would be a top 10 pick if they redrafted and Luck would still be number one.

Luck was the most NFL ready college QB I have ever seen. I thought Wilson was too short and was going to suck. Shows how much I know. I wonder if more NFL teams thought that Wilson was going to last until a later round so they waited or teams were just not impressed with his size. Guy would be a top 10 pick if they redrafted and Luck would still be number one.

You knew as much as a huge number of other people. Wilson lasted into the 3rd round and prior to the draft there were some speculating that he would be at best a career backup type.

Wilson has a lot of those things that you can't measure with a tape measure. Luck has a lot of these as well and has the measurables as well.

Wilson is a very solid NFL QB, but if 32 NFL teams could choose between Wilson and Luck, 32 would pick Luck. Luck is a sure bet for the hall of fame if he stays healthy. Wilson has a much lower ceiling.

I agree with this completely.

As a Colts fan I have to disagree with the tanking, you must have not seen them play. Manning held that team together with duck tape and glue. Fans were complaining for years that they didn't have that much talent. I saw it all the time it was Freeney, Mathis, Wayne and Manning then a bunch of below average guys. If anything it should show just how good Manning is. Their oline was awful, Manning was the most hit QBs in the league and it was after he released the ball. He averaged a release of less than three seconds and he was still getting pulverized. Manning would stretch drives out as long as possible to protect the defense which was atrocious. He kept them off the field so they wouldn't screw things up. It was a really sorry collection of talent capped with a backup QB who was there for his organization skills and not his QB skills. Remember Kerry Collins, well the geniuses in the front office thought he would save the QB duties, problem was Collins has one of the slowest releases in the game. He lasted two weeks till he was on injured reserve. Defenses beat him into a bloody pulp.

The reason the talent took a nose dive is because Polian handed the draft reins to his son who was a horrible talent evaluator. He had about four horrible drafts in a row and for a team that is completely dependent on the draft, it was a death sentence. Look at their drafts from 2007 to 2010, they were horrible. It is probably a good thing he left bc the oline is still bad and Luck was hit a ton last year, near highest in the league. They would have reinjured Manning if he stayed.

Could go to Cleveland with the pick they have from Indy. My gf's family are big Browns fans and they all want a good WR to take some attention away from Josh Gordon.

Could go to Cleveland with the pick they have from Indy. My gf's family are big Browns fans and they all want a good WR to take some attention away from Josh Gordon.

Please God, don't make PRich go to Cleveland..... why would you wish that on such a great Buff?? How rude!

Has anybody else noticed that P-Rich's stock seems to be falling?
I haven't seen him in anybody's top 32 in a long time. I really think he needed another year.

I haven't seen him in anybody's top 32 in a long time. I really think he needed another year.

Something like 85 underclass men entering the draft. It will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

The draft board is going to change a lot after the combine, I'm not too worried about his draft position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Paul lands in the first 3 rounds that will be a big win for him. First round is important, but not vital like the NBA draft. I think its a moot point anyway because Paul is going to shock some people at the combine.

Back