What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Paul Richardson predicted to go in the first round per Todd McShay

Prich is a second or 3rd round pick. He is probably the 8th to 10th best wide receiver. I do not see more than 5 WRs going in the first round. His size and strength make him a reach in the first round. I think he will have a very good NFL career if he goes to the right team. Denver would be a good landing spot for him. Decker may be gone and I think that Welker is reaching the end of the line. Denver would not take him before the 3rd round.

Best WR in the draft
1. Watkins
2. Cooks
3. Evans
4. Benjamin
5. Lee
6. Richardson
7. Jordan Mathews
8. Odell Beckham Jr
9. Matevius Bryant

Deep draft.

Last edited:
He is a late 1st or 2nd round pick if he can do a dozen reps at CUs pro day. Tavon Austin and Cordarelle Patterson had average uat best college stats. I compare him to Robert Woods in tangibles and that will earn him a 2nd Rnd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not so sure PRich benches at our Pro Day. 9 months or so ago he couldn't even bench 225 one time. I'm also not so sure that Marquise Lee is ahead of PRich any more

Actually PRich probably drops to the 3rd round now almost certainly. His official time is 4.40, his hand size was smaller then expected, and his size makes him a slot receiver on most teams. Teams drafting WR generally are looking for outside players in round 1 or 2. That said it only takes one GM to fall in love with a guy
No, he's not a slot receiver on most teams. If you have enough speed to beat an average #2 corner on a deep route then you will be playing on the outside. P-Rich is not a #1 but would be brought in as a #2 guy somewhere.

Most guys that end up playing the slot do so because they are quick but lack deep speed. Not because they are too thin.

As much as I would hate to see it, PRich to the Colts would be amazing. Luck would be the perfect QB for him.

There are a few QB's that the NFL should be terrified of, if they are given P-Rich as a deep threat. Indy has one of those QB's.

No, he's not a slot receiver on most teams. If you have enough speed to beat an average #2 corner on a deep route then you will be playing on the outside. P-Rich is not a #1 but would be brought in as a #2 guy somewhere.

Most guys that end up playing the slot do so because they are quick but lack deep speed. Not because they are too thin.

Or because they cant beat press coverage, in college Richardson probably played 2 or 3 corners that could start in the NFL last year, now they all play in the NFL. Richard Sherman will throw PRich around like a doll. Love him but he is not a 1 pick, Looked at more then a dozen mock's and most didn't have him off the board at the end of 2.

Last edited:

There is no reason he cannot play in the slot. The NFL wants there outside guys to be tall and strong. PRich does not fit that mold which is why he is not likely to go in the 1st round. Percy Harvin is considered a slot receiver, I think you would say he is fast. Prich probably would not be very successful as a #1 outside receiver getting jammed by the other teams best corner.

He is a late 1st or 2nd round pick if he can do a dozen reps at CUs pro day. Tavon Austin and Cordarelle Patterson had average uat best college stats. I compare him to Robert Woods in tangibles and that will earn him a 2nd Rnd

A dozen reps of what? Bench Press?

There is no reason he cannot play in the slot. The NFL wants there outside guys to be tall and strong. PRich does not fit that mold which is why he is not likely to go in the 1st round. Percy Harvin is considered a slot receiver, I think you would say he is fast. Prich probably would not be very successful as a #1 outside receiver getting jammed by the other teams best corner.

Exactly, except (evidently) he is too fast to play in the slot. :rolling_eyes:

I'm not saying he's going in the 1st round (or even 2nd). And I definitely don't think he'll be a #1 unless he can keep getting stronger as his career goes on. I disagree with the assertion that he's automatically a slot receiver on most NFL teams. He'll get a shot on the outside in hopes that he turns into the next DeSean Jackson. And then if his size does prove an issue they'll try him inside.

Maybe after the draft there should be another v-Bookie over/under on how much time he spends in the slot next season.

Exactly, this s dead on

Next years draft will have Amari Cooper who isn't as highly regarded as Sammy Watkins and Nelson Agholor. Dorian Green Beckham is the wild card. After that I'm not sure the draft will be as deep at WR. If P.Rich goes RD 2 I think it would be worth it for him to come out. If he last to RD 5 I think it was a poor decision. I don't think next years class is going to be as deep at WR. I certainly see the point about coming out now and avoiding another injury. I think one more dominating year at CU could have pushed him close to a 1st RD pick next year. Clearly he needs to get stronger.

For those thinking he is going to Denver...I think Elway is bluffing and already has a veteran in his mind at WR. I think they are going BPA in the draft like always.

Next years draft will have Amari Cooper who isn't as highly regarded as Sammy Watkins and Nelson Agholor. Dorian Green Beckham is the wild card. After that I'm not sure the draft will be as deep at WR. If P.Rich goes RD 2 I think it would be worth it for him to come out. If he last to RD 5 I think it was a poor decision. I don't think next years class is going to be as deep at WR. I certainly see the point about coming out now and avoiding another injury. I think one more dominating year at CU could have pushed him close to a 1st RD pick next year. Clearly he needs to get stronger.

For those thinking he is going to Denver...I think Elway is bluffing and already has a veteran in his mind at WR. I think they are going BPA in the draft like always.

He isn't going in the 5th round. Also Mayock made a great point at the combine. Record numbers are coming iut early in an attempt to reach that 2nd contract before it's too late and they get too old or injured.

Last edited:
Antonio Brown, Desean Jackson and TY Hilton. All 3 are undersized guys that play on the outside and were top RECs on their team. Teams want a guy that can get open and separate with speed or size and have great hands. PRich has all those. He needs to get stronger and continue to add size but he could easily be a 50 and 650 guy his first year and that is a solid rookie year.

PRich had a relatively slow 10 yard split and very slow 3 cone drill. He has straight line speed, not quickness for the slot. He'll be an outside receiver.

Size ? look at D. Jackson in a uniform, or the other guys, and look at PRich. Richardson is long and lean, Jackson is more compact, looks thicker. what else did the guys mentioned have in common ? exceptional returners. I love your loyalty man, really do, but think about this. Eric Decker is 6-3 217 ran low forty 4.45 high 4.53 and at 40 pounds of muscle stronger he had trouble against press corners. Compare him to Demaryius Thomas and the numbers get even crazier. Richardson is going to have a damn fine career and that is all that the team that drafts him can hope for, is he a #1 no, a #2 maybe.
For those thinking Indy, its probably not a good match with TY Hilton. Look for the Colts to take a big physical WR to go with Hilton

Joel Klatt says PRich is a middle round pick. Also referred to him as a playmaker on a horrible team. Said it on Mile High sports this morning.

Joel Klatt says PRich is a middle round pick. Also referred to him as a playmaker on a horrible team. Said it on Mile High sports this morning.

**** Klatt !!!! He fell off the bandwagon so long ago its hard to remember him as a Buff - against us every chance he gets.

Desean Jackson is more than 2 inches shorter than Paul and listed at 169lbs at the NFL combine. 7 years into his career he is listed at 175lbs. Slot receiver amirite?

Richardson did not fare well in the three-cone drill, posting the 30th-best time, but all that did was confirm he's not a slot, but an outside receiver. His big test was his straightaway speed with the added weight and in that regard Richardson should have put himself high on the skill side of NFL draft boards.

Slot will not be his position.

Wtf is wrong with klatt? I'm looking forward to the day he screws up big and gets kicked to the curb.

Back