What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Paul Richardson to redshirt in 2012

Good news in all this is that it was even a question.

Talking about PRich coming back in time for conference games means his recovery is going well. Get him healthy and he will have a whole off-season to get his strength, speed, and confidence back and come back solid.

Alas. The optimism of camp springs eternal!
No doubt! I make no apologies that I'm a glass half full guy (although as an engineer, I was taught that it's not half full or half empty...it's twice as big as it needs to be!)

Gerald Thomas could be an absolute stud this year and it still might not matter much. We need several players to step up this season because no one is replacing Richardson.

Gerald Thomas could be an absolute stud this year and it still might not matter much. We need several players to step up this season because no one is replacing Richardson.
I think the combination of a multi-threat FB (POW!) and one of the freshman TEs being a playmaker (Mark Johnson was gaga over Vincent Hobbs play during this camp) could be enough. I think we are going to see a lot of Powell, and we are going to like what we see.

It's ok. PRich is going to be a great player in the league and it would be totally irresponsible to jeopardize his future for an ok college season.

The more I learn about PRich the more impressed I am...

He's very mature in his interview. What an outstanding representative of CU athletics in general!

Anyway, this comes as no surprise I think... It was a major injury, one that even youth can't easily overcome.

I can't help but to think how ecstatic we'll all be seeing him as a RS Senior (if he's not drafted early) playing on offense for the 'Buffs... especially when you consider the potential talent he'll be surrounded by then.

I'm hopeful that this will be a blessing in disguise for his future plans. Great kid all around, and I can't wait to see him in action again:nod:

I've always been uncomfortable with the idea of him coming back. Felt, first, that there was no way and, second that if he did he would not be at full strength.

Stupid thing to say. I have not seen one reason to ever think he would look to transfer. He is big man on campus, and guaranteed a starting spot.

Huh? His stated goal is to get a degree because there are no guarantees to make it in the NFL. An early degree increases the odds he "transfers" to the NFL.

I really hope it doesnt take too many guys to replace 500 rec yards. Half of which came in one game.

I dont know why everyone is worried about him transferring just because he is graduating early. A lot of guys do it when they have injuries. If he really wanted to transfer he could just do it now and just burn this year couldn't he? Either way he seemed comfortable with the decision based on the video.

Receiver does not look good right now. If we can actually run the ball a bit, the offense may look like a Klatt-led Barney offense. Predictable and average. Ugh.

Receiver does not look good right now. If we can actually run the ball a bit, the offense may look like a Klatt-led Barney offense. Predictable and average. Ugh.
I'm wondering if we will place a bit more emphasis on the TE in the passing game?

Josef, it is not just about production. Richardson is a guy defenses need to account for on every play. Cannot really say that about any other player right now.

Given my biggest disappointment prediction was he'd rush it back and get re-injured....glad he's made the smart choice here

Definitely need Gerald Thomas and the TE's to step up....think that will be the key to the passing game success this year

If he went anywhere, it would probably be to the league. He really needs one full productive year though, imho. That said, if he does play at CU next year, my guess would be its his last if he plays well.

Nothing against Hansen, but I hope Webb is an upgrade. If not, our offense could be ugly. That said, I'm expecting Webb to be good and I also expect Gerald Thomas to make some spectacular plays.

Back