What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Paul Richardson

I love Tyler and he is a great Buff whose fought through a lot... But if Wood is as legit as it seems, and we can get a run game next year. Prich might be a heisman candidate.

Don't forget about Woods. :smile2:

Wouldn't that be nice? Wish the scarce film I've seen got me more fired up, although admittedly I haven't seen much and most of it was from HS with only a tiny bit from the UT spring game. I hope we get a big enough lead next week that we can get Hirschman some decent minutes

Just so you guys know, we consider our DBs pretty good and although they do get burned occasionally, Cal's defense does utilize a lot of sets where we expect them to hold their own man to man because we are pretty confident they can do that. I've never seen any WR make our DBs look outmatched from a speed perspective, including Wylie from FSU last week. Until this week. As long as your QB can get the ball to him, Richardson pretty much demands a safety assist the CB. But even then, putting the safety on top cover is problematic when Richardson gets the ball on those short slants and then can accelerate before the safety can close in on him - you saw that exact problem a couple of times in the 2nd half.

Good luck in conference play and welcome to PX, or P12, or P14 or something along those lines...

Just so you guys know, we consider our DBs pretty good and although they do get burned occasionally, Cal's defense does utilize a lot of sets where we expect them to hold their own man to man because we are pretty confident they can do that. I've never seen any WR make our DBs look outmatched from a speed perspective, including Wylie from FSU last week. Until this week. As long as your QB can get the ball to him, Richardson pretty much demands a safety assist the CB. But even then, putting the safety on top cover is problematic when Richardson gets the ball on those short slants and then can accelerate before the safety can close in on him - you saw that exact problem a couple of times in the 2nd half.

Good luck in conference play and welcome to PX, or P12, or P14 or something along those lines...
Just be happy you prob won't have to play him again. We get him for next year too. Don't see him staying 4.

Thanks Cal84. Nice to see some good perspective from outside.

Feels kind of strange having intelligent posters from our conference opponents visiting.

Thanks Cal84. Nice to see some good perspective from outside.

Feels kind of strange having intelligent posters from our conference opponents visiting.

^^This^^

Love the Cal fans.

In the Big 12, the highest level of football talk from opposing fans was probably when folks came here to impart Nowledge. It was truly sad.

Just be happy you prob won't have to play him again. We get him for next year too. Don't see him staying 4.

Uh, we face you guys again next year y'know...

The bigger and more immediate problem for us is we face Robert Woods in Game 6. And when he and Richardson were on the same HS team, I think Woods was the #1 WR. So that's not looking so good...

^^This^^

Love the Cal fans.

In the Big 12, the highest level of football talk from opposing fans was probably when folks came here to impart Nowledge. It was truly sad.

How dare you suggest Baylorfans doesn't know their football!! They're a cfb institution!

Uh, we face you guys again next year y'know...

The bigger and more immediate problem for us is we face Robert Woods in Game 6. And when he and Richardson were on the same HS team, I think Woods was the #1 WR. So that's not looking so good...
No ****? Allsome. We are gonna **** you up! Prich will haunt your dreams!

I haven't read many of these threads yet, but I was happy that our play calling kept featuring the "get the ball to P-Rich however possible" play.

We never saw Hawk try to get the ball to the playmakers. This year, we have 1 playmaker....maybe maybe maybe 2, with Speedy running those screens. I'm glad those guys are getting targeted.

IMO that was the biggest change from last week to this week, and that makes us look better when our good guys are getting looks at the ball. Wish PRich had caught that deep slant at the 4 right near the end of the game. Hansen is horribly inacurate.

This just needed its own thread.... absolutely amazing performance today. CSU will not contain him at all, he will shred those bitches. :thumbsup: Also, no more having him back there on punt returns, ever again. This kid is unfreakingbelievable

Yes, he's out of this world. CU needs another WR to step up and it looks like clemons isn't that guy.

how many tds would p-rich have had tonight if Hansen could get him the ball more consistently? He was running free in the secondary and he would check down for a two yard game. Is it just me or is he nervous in the pocket after spleen hit.

how many tds would p-rich have had tonight if Hansen could get him the ball more consistently? He was running free in the secondary and he would check down for a two yard game. Is it just me or is he nervous in the pocket after spleen hit.

Not just that, but is it just me or didn't he used to scramble well? Saw flashes at the end but damn. He slid on one of those third downs 2 yards short of the marker and easily coulda gained another 4 yards, and we had to punt.

I have felt like Hansen wasn't playing like himself until the 4th quarter today. He wasn't playing loose and he wasn't trying to make plays as aggressively. It seemed like it finally clicked in at the end. I'm feeling much better about him now. I think we'll see him take his game up significantly now.

As effective as Hansen to P-Rich was today, throwing up 50 yard bombs on every play is still probably not the greatest of game plans....

Had this conversation today. I think Hansen may have been told by the coaches to protect himself. He has been sliding a lot more than previous years. We really need him to stay healthy, and they maybe don't want him taking extra risks.

Had this conversation today. I think Hansen may have been told by the coaches to protect himself. He has been sliding a lot more than previous years. We really need him to stay healthy, and they maybe don't want him taking extra risks.

Sounds more and more like Wood will start next year

Do we? This was not a conference game, as it was the return game of a non-con home-and-home. Cal is not in our Pac-12 rotation next year.

The fact that this was not a conference game is why we should have a conference game next year. Cal plays USC & UCLA every year and the others every other year. So I think we play youse guys again next year. I could be wrong, but I don't think so...

Edit: OK, so I am wrong. P12 scheduling seems to prioritize finishing a home/away set with conference teams from a different division. So Cal plays Utah/ASU for two year in a row before switching to Col/UoA for two years. Seems kinda odd to me, but oh well....

why not he was wide open all day.

Because 50 yard bombs are MUCH more likely to go incomplete than short passes? Even if the receiver is wide open.

Unless, of course, you are saying that you have complete faith in Hansen to complete those throws at the same clip as a short throw...

I know he had one or two throws where the ball was in the air for a while but it looked to me like most of Hansen's passing yards was YAC. For me, I wouldn't mind seeing Richardson run a few more deep routes when he is one on one. I think the odds are pretty good, he comes down with it far more often than not. Then again, we shouldn't change much of his game. Would rather seem them work on the QB's accuracy.

Because 50 yard bombs are MUCH more likely to go incomplete than short passes? Even if the receiver is wide open.

Unless, of course, you are saying that you have complete faith in Hansen to complete those throws at the same clip as a short throw...

you are playing a little fast and loose with your 50 yard bomb description. Prich made most of his yards with the yac. If prich is wide open 20 yards down field, how is it better to throw a two yard pass with a defender all over the receiver? I think you keep throwing the deep pass until they take it away.

you are playing a little fast and loose with your 50 yard bomb description. Prich made most of his yards with the yac. If prich is wide open 20 yards down field, how is it better to throw a two yard pass with a defender all over the receiver? I think you keep throwing the deep pass until they take it away.

Two reasons... the 20 yards open passes you saw, were really deeper than that from what I saw (by the time the ball gets to the receiver its about 30+), which is much harder to complete (especially with Hansen, probably not a good call for him). And because even if he is open and the pass is not made... how is that the coaches fault?

Back