What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Paul Vigo to WILL

Vigo playing LB?

• Good move.

Votes: 21 50.0%
  • Bad move.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Meh. I don't expect him to ever contribute.

Votes: 20 47.6%

• Total voters

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
According to the camp roster.

Vigo actually played OLB in high school, so it was always a bit bizarre that he was recruited to CU as a cornerback.

I like this move and think it was long overdue. He wasn't going to make an impact at CB or S, so this gives him an opportunity. Also, it upgrades team speed and adds depth to a LB position that is going to graduate 2 great players after this year.

Hard to believe that Vigo is still only a junior.

call me ignorant, but i thought he was booted from the team a while ago?

He was one of the DBs who got suspended last season. Moten, Orms, Vigo and Olatoye all got booted for a while. Only Deji failed to make it back.

He's still only listed at 6'1" 200lbs, unless he has done some major growing since I saw him last year I doubt both those numbers so he is is very small to play LB. He might be able to contribute against some teams that play a spread or who use a TE who more WR than TE. In those cases Vigo could give you a guy who is comfortable in coverage but still physical enough to compete if they try to switch it up and run the ball occasionally. Against more standard offenses he will be smaller than some of the ballcarriers much less the guys blocking for them.

His best contributions might be as a coverage guy on special teams. He seems to be tough and willing to mix it up but he just isn't a PAC level athlete, like a lot of the guys Hawk brought in.

I like it because it means the coaches feel comfortable using the frosh at those positions. Not sure we will ever see him on the field at any position at this point.

I figure he'll play special teams to start the year until one of the new signees or walk-ons shows they can contribute and wins a spot. If he figures in to the defensive rotation at all it'll mean we're in trouble. Not a knock on Paul, but that's not the new standard for Embree or the PAC.

Meh. Doesn't seem big or physical enough for LB

Guy who wasn't going to get playing time moving to another position where he isn't going to get playing time. Meh is the right answer to this.

Biggest effect may be to have a faster guy at LB to practice against.

Back