What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Peach Bowl: UVA vs Auburn

What was Virginia's schedule this year? Very possible we are bowling next year. Aside from the UCLA game we improved a lot the last three games.

William & Mary: W
@ Indiana: W
@ North Carolina: L
Southern Miss: L
Idaho: W
Georgia Tech: W
NC State: L
@ Miami: W
@ Maryland: W
Duke: W
@ Florida St: W
Virginia Tech: L
Auburn: L

The beginning of the season was NOT pretty. They were doing a two QB rotation thru the NCSU game, and then finally stopped it. That was the turning point -- they were a completely different team from the Miami game onwards. It was night and day. You could tell that that was the turning point in which everything London had been preaching about believing in themselves, creating a winner's mentality, etc. finally kicked in. Heading into the season, UVA fans were saying the same thing we are now: hoping to get to 6-6 and knowing how crucial a bowl game would be for the program. There are parallels in the OOC schedules as well. Some people call it easy scheduling, I call it smart. Rebuilding programs need to be playing OOCs that give themselves the best shot at reaching bowl games. I'm just hoping our recruiting can take off like theirs has.

That would be sweet. Hell, I'd settle for the NM bowl. CU is in need of a slump buster

Any bowl is better than no bowl and would greatly impact recruiting in a positive way. With how many new coaches we will be facing next season there really shouldn't be any reason we can't win at least three conference games when we start out 3-0.

Any bowl is better than no bowl and would greatly impact recruiting in a positive way. With how many new coaches we will be facing next season there really shouldn't be any reason we can't win at least three conference games when we start out 3-0.

images

u
Not expecting an 8 win season for CU next year by any means, but we can only hope that our Buffs are able to get into a bowl game and really get the Embree era underway next year like UVA was able to do this year (London's second season). Easy to forget that UVA was 4-8 (1-7) with only 2 FBS wins last year -- just shows how quickly the tide can turn if you've got players who really buy into the coaches' philosophy and execute. Should be an interesting 2012 for UVA, with all the talent they have coming in I expect them to take another step forward.

I think next year is a big year for Embree. While this year was a free pass it was still a bit of a disappointment given the effort displayed from this team in some games.

Shows how good the SEC west is - Auburn was a middle of the pack vanilla west team. They were destroyed by LSU and Bama. Their biggest mistake was getting off the bus for those 2 games.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gwGpWYH8SZs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Glad I was wrong. It has been a frustrating season watching Auburn, but they rebounded from a tough start last night. Most games that have started that way have ended badly with the team straight up folding.

Back