What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pelini firing back at fans....

After Monday’s practice, Pelini said he doesn’t care about what the fans say or if they boo him and his team.

He said when the fans and media earn the title of head coach, they can make the decisions. Until then, he said he and his staff are calling the shots.

I would almost expect this kind of a statement to the fans and press from Hawkins.

Li'l Bo clearly has a bad case of the Whine-Flu

Bo also addressed his sideline demeanor. Said he is often animated but never disrespectful to the refs. Not sure it applies to players though since he called Wortmann an F'n Moron during a timeout last year in the Baylor game.:lol:

At least the guy shows desire to win. Better than Solich and Callahan staring intently at their stupid play cards when they are down like it is some sort of Oujia(sp?) Board about to give the magic answer.

Nebraska will never be 'back'. Guys coming out of hs these days could not care less what happened in the '70's, and don't want to live in some cold, bleak, out of the way ****hole for 4 years.

Fans were booing the refs in particular at the end of the half. If you can't boo the players, boo the refs, I guess.

Ummm, okay. Nice spin.

I'm not gonna watch the game again, but I certainly didn't get the impression that all of the booing was aimed at the refs.

At least the guy shows desire to win. Better than Solich and Callahan staring intently at their stupid play cards when they are down like it is some sort of Oujia(sp?) Board about to give the magic answer.

Solich deserves a lot more credit than he gets from you guys, the kind of seasons he had are yet to be duplicated. The best combo at NU, imo, was Solich as HC and Pelini at DC.

NU had a reputation for a specific kind of offense and could attract the best qbs suited for that style. Today NU runs the same offense as everyone else, and doesn't have the history to attract the top qb's. If I was Osborne, following this season I would have a serious discussion with Pelini about returning to what was successful all those years. Barney Cotton proved he could successfully run Osborne's stuff at ISU. Maybe he could fit the bill offensively.

Solich deserves a lot more credit than he gets from you guys, the kind of seasons he had are yet to be duplicated. The best combo at NU, imo, was Solich as HC and Pelini at DC.

NU had a reputation for a specific kind of offense and could attract the best qbs suited for that style. Today NU runs the same offense as everyone else, and doesn't have the history to attract the top qb's. If I was Osborne, following this season I would have a serious discussion with Pelini about returning to what was successful all those years. Barney Cotton proved he could successfully run Osborne's stuff at ISU. Maybe he could fit the bill offensively.
solich had success with Osborne recruits his 1st year on his own he was 7-7. There was a book released by a player called Diary of a Husker that was there during the solich years and it was CHAOS!!!!! solich had to go because he had no control over the team and they sure as hell didn't respect him. If you think the kid was bitter in anyway the writers dad and solich have been freinds for over 30 years.

solich had success with Osborne recruits his 1st year on his own he was 7-7. There was a book released by a player called Diary of a Husker that was there during the solich years and it was CHAOS!!!!! solich had to go because he had no control over the team and they sure as hell didn't respect him. If you think the kid was bitter in anyway the writers dad and solich have been freinds for over 30 years.

I don't know all the drama, but the 7-7 record you reference is the only one in which his team didn't get at least 10 wins, including the season in which he was fired. Seems like he was doing ok to me.

I don't know all the drama, but the 7-7 record you reference is the only one in which his team didn't get at least 10 wins, including the season in which he was fired. Seems like he was doing ok to me.
Do you ever wonder why the best job he could get was ohio u? He sucked as a coach!!!

Do you ever wonder why the best job he could get was ohio u? He sucked as a coach!!!

He's still coaching at Ohio U, BTW.

All joking aside, he really did suck as a coach. The fuskers needed to get rid of the guy. I would have loved it for him to stay another 20 years, but alas, it was not to be. Same with Cally. We really should have been beating the living hell out of the fuskers for about 6 years straight.

Coaching hires are trendy, and the trend in 03-04 was passing-oriented coaches. I could count on one hand the number of hires of option coaches since then. However, he was also offered the Army job, which is a school comfortable with the option. I would put more credence in the current offensive trends as the reason he wasn't able to secure a more high profile position.

There should be doubt, you're going down little Buffalo. :devil:

Then we're all set, because I do doubt we're going down..... :smile2:

And Osborne has kept a job there HOW????? :wow:

why are there more butt-huskers than buff fans in this thread? are they obsessed with us?

Why is there three threads about Husker related material on the front page of a Buffs board? I think it's the other way around turbo.........:smile2:

Why is there three threads about Husker related material on the front page of a Buffs board? I think it's the other way around turbo.........:smile2:

Because Colorado Fans are the class of the nation and know how to show hospitality to fans from different teams. We went out of our way to make you feel at hope here on Allbuffs and give you a few threads to play around in.

Heck we even gave a few of the threads standing ovations after they were over.

Because Colorado Fans are the class of the nation and know how to show hospitality to fans from different teams. We went out of our way to make you feel at hope here on Allbuffs and give you a few threads to play around in.

I'm standing and clapping right now.:smile:

:asshole::rofl:

How about a nail filled marshmellow?

oops1.jpg

Your are doing it wrong.

As hard as it is to admit sometimes, some guys top out at certain positions. Solich is one of them. No shame in that. His record was in a serious downward trend. His teams were rarely competetive against top teams after the left over players graduated. I would also ask,...if he was so great, where were all the suitors for him?

When one of the jewels of your recruiting class is Cole Bunner your know it is a bad sign.

You know as well as I do that we were slipping with Solich. He turned a complex offense into a high school QB keep left and right.

As much as I liked the option, it had run its course in Lincoln.

People tend to forget we were NOT an option team until the 80's with Gill. We were pro style. Ferragamo, Humm, Sorley..all drop back. This is not a revolutionary change and just a sign of the times.

i'd agree we are pretty honest about ourselves (for better or worse).....but the NU hypocrisy is pretty funny. the greatest fans don't like to lose. surprise.

none of us do. if i could count the number of times NU is "back"....they dumped on Frankie Solich and now he's an icon again. Bill Callahan invented the forward pass and was poised for more than one "breakout years"...talk about kool-aid. and now Saint Bo is back to getting waxed at home by the Pirate.

let's not forget that Bo was coaching the OU D backfield when USC hung 55 on the Sooners.

i hear what your saying but their fans vote with their attendance. every saturday no matter who they play. whether they boo or not they love their football. i'll give them that.

Back