1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Perri rumor false

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by colinski, Jan 24, 2008.

1. colinski

colinski Member

http://buffzone.com/blogs/buffzone-sports/2008/jan/23/pericak/

FROM KYLE RINGO, in the Buffzone blog

"-...So a few people e-mailed me on Wednesday afternoon and told me they had heard defensive lineman Christopher Perri had quit the team or was kicked off the team for some sort of altercation."

"This was news to me because I just saw Chris on Tuesday and he looked about as upbeat as I've ever seen him. We shook hands in passing and he said everything was going great."

"I asked CU sports information director Dave Plati about the rumor. He said no player has been kicked off the team or quit..."

2. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

I don't know. Plati or Bohn won't say anything untill Hawkins addresses the situation.

3. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

My guess is that there was some sort of disagreement between the two men, coach and player, and they resolved. Case closed. Nothing to see here.

4. Sexton Hardcastle

Perri has been on thin ice after his two incidents. He hasn't even been here for a year.

5. 2HellNback

2HellNback Well-Known Member

And so goes the Days of Our Lives...:popcorn:

6. colinski

colinski Member

We'll see if anything becomes public on this. I prefer to wait for something closer to official confirmation on this, particularly since quitting the team is a formal act; not merely words spoken in anger.

Disciplinary action can result from an angry outburst, which is how this has been described, assuming the report is true, but the ultimate outcome will depend on how the team and player resolve the matter.

Most incidents don't get reported, to my knowledge. We do hear about disciplinary actions, often with ambiguous language explaining why the action was taken. In other cases, the explanation falls well short of explaining the offense and merely cites "violating team rules" as the infraction. We'll have to give the disciplinary process time to adjudicate this matter.

An added point -- whatever is resolved, there will be no more than 24 scholarships awarded this year. Someone remarked the "one more" would be available, so I wanted to clarify this point.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2008
  7. Sexton Hardcastle

Hawk won't comment untill NLOID.

8. 66BUFF

66BUFF FTW Club Member

looks like ringo dont know ****