1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phil Distephano and Recruiting (from Garbers' Thread)

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Recruiting Central' started by CitizenKane, Apr 20, 2016.

1. CitizenKane

CitizenKane Club Member Club Member

I hadn't read the article about Garber's Boise State visit until today. Anyone else notice that he visited with the President of the University while there? I don't think we've had a President since Gee that would even have considered doing something like that.

2. onealcd

onealcd Club Member Club Member

I think there have been multiple recruiting articles from Adam saying that Benson, Phil D, and RG sit down and have dinner during big recruiting visits. Maybe it's more during official visits in the fall.

3. CitizenKane

You're right, they do events during the big visits that are more large group events and less about personal interaction. This seems very different and reflects a level of support that...well I hadn't thought much about till now. I mean the President meeting with a kid on an unofficial visit?!? If it was a one on one (which was my assumption based on reading the article)...well...ok so we really don't want Benson or Phil doing that one on one...do we? None the less I have to admit to being envious of that type of institutional support.

4. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Phil has been very willing to be present and involved when asked. Not really an issue with CU recruiting and not a complaint I have with Phil.

5. Big Jim

Big Jim WTF? Club Member

He will commit to a free dinner, but not to letting the AD to run a program the way it needs to be run to win.

6. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

"I want you to sit there and smile and shut the **** up. If a recruit asks you a question, look at me to get permission to open your ****ing yap."

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  7. Buffalo Brad

Buffalo Brad Club Member Club Member

Since it was moved back to the original. Phil is and will always be a dbag

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  8. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

[​IMG]

Buffalo Brad likes this.
  9. CitizenKane

This post made me laugh so damn hard. Thanks!