1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phil Steele's Hot Seat Prediction

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Hugegroove, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

2. Skidmark

Skidmark Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Steele - 8 wins and off the hotseat.

3. BuffMania

BuffMania Banned BANNED

4. Dan Hawkins – Colorado – CU fans were happy with the hire of a successful coach but the first 3 years have produced 3 losing records. They did get to a bowl in 2007 but when they lost the Independence Bowl they dropped to 6-7. Last year Nebraska needed a 57 yard FG at the end of the game to keep CU from 6-6 and a 2nd straight bowl. Hawkins has said 10 wins, no excuses. I do see 8 wins for CU and I see him escaping the hot seat.

4. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Well, I guess that's not too bad. PS has been pretty decent with predicting how teams will do, so if he's seeing 8 wins.....

Maybe I drank the coolaid this evening, but I think 9 wins is very doable.

5. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

With our schedule, 9 wins is very doable. 9-4 would probably have us ranked at the end of the year, too. That would be nice.

6. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Unless it is 2006 all over again (very unlikely), no way Hawk gets fired this year. I don't think it will be much of an issue anyway.

7. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

I keep telling non-CU fans from the Big 12 that Hawk isn't on the hot seat because CU should have a winning season this year.

8. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

Odd list, putting DH at #4 when Steele expects him to win 8 games and keep his job.

9. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I think his point is that if he doesn't produce this year, he's in trouble. Pretty much what a lot of us have been saying as well. The time for building is over, now is the time for winning.

10. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

I wouldn't say that DH is on the hot list at this point but he's on the fringe. Even if we had a bad year I don't think he'd be fired, but that would put him squarely on the hot seat for next year.

11. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

yup. the time for winning and much less time for how great a guy Dan is and how awesomely cool everything is and how the culture is changing and the right guys who are willing to go through the fire, etc.

i like Dan, but it's time to win 7-8 games minimum. you got the #1 5 star back in the nation, let's see him run wild. give DS the pill.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  12. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Yup, given the schedule and the expected improvement, 8 wins should be the minimum expectation and anything less I'd consider a disappointing season. :huh:

13. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

Agreed, no argument as to our needing wins now. I just think a list like this should show more likely candidates but hey, it's his list...