What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pic of the Buffs?

Ahh, the black helmet. I love the black helmet. I think it would look pretty sweet if they broke those out...though I've not heard a peep about it. We did wear them for one game only back in 1998 for Homecoming. I don't think the uniforms were THAT bad...the whole uniform with the weird stripes in the middle of the numbers sucked in 97 & 98. I think if the uniform style was a bit different, the gold would've looked alright. In any case, here are the pictures I got from Dave Plati several years ago now when I was looking for some pictures to put on my now defunct website. These are probably the pictures that Flatirons was talking about. Anyway, enjoy.

Attachments

• Bay98-1.jpg
    Bay98-1.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Bay98-2.jpg
    Bay98-2.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 115
  • Bay98-3.jpg
    Bay98-3.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 6
Looking at these again, I always have to marvel at how small Moschetti was vs Johanningmeir and how relatively well he did here.

The helmets were fine. The gold jerseys were not or at least they looked terrible with black pants. I maintain that the gold jersey looks really good with the gold helmet and white pants.

The helmets were fine. The gold jerseys were not or at least they looked terrible with black pants. I maintain that the gold jersey looks really good with the gold helmet and white pants.

So, you like the Georgia Tech look? Normally, I prefer a more of a contrast.

tashard.jpg

It's not that I would want them to look like Ga. Tech but the gold/white combo definitely looks better than the gold jersey on black pants they tried in that game. They looked like an arena football team.

All Blacks with Black Helmet with Silver CU Logo for WVU, would be absolutely sick, then hold off on them

The look against Baylor in '98 looks sweet to me

Last edited:
All Blacks with Black Helmet with Silver CU Logo for WVU, would be absolutely sick, then hold off on them

The look against Baylor in '98 looks sweet to me but whatever im a sophomore so who cares right

:nod: That would look pretty sweet. I would be a fan of the black and silver helmet on the road with all white unis.

Most don't want the Baylor unis, which had that weird gold top. I think most are saying all black uni with black helmet for the Blackout. Only appropriate, I think.

Actually -- rumor has it that the Buffs will be wearing baby blue jerseys for the Thursday game.

I ought to neg rep your butt for even giving that horrible rumour credibility.

Plus Bohn already came out and denied it. Thanks for trying. And realy, we expect so much more form you; that was the most negative thing you could come up with?:rolleyes:

I ought to neg rep your butt for even giving that horrible rumour credibility.

Plus Bohn already came out and denied it. Thanks for trying. And realy, we expect so much more form you; that was the most negative thing you could come up with?:rolleyes:

Where did Bohn deny it? Link?

And I must have missed the point where I was negative. I personally think blue uni's would look awesome.

need to reinject the traditional view here: we should always stick with the gold helmet, it's what differentiates us from other big XII teams.. with black we look like TT or MU.

and i'm in the camp that believes anything other than a bold COLORADO across the chest is a travesty. ever since the most recent nike intervention, it's like trying to read italicized 12 point font.

need to reinject the traditional view here: we should always stick with the gold helmet, it's what differentiates us from other big XII teams.. with black we look like TT or MU.

and i'm in the camp that believes anything other than a bold COLORADO across the chest is a travesty. ever since the most recent nike intervention, it's like trying to read italicized 12 point font.

Sounds like from what I have heard, they were going with the all black, including the helmets, but Bohn decided no to that last week. Not sure what the hold up was. maybe just that it is a nationally televised game and since so many potential Buffs would be watching, we wanted to cause no confusion by the different helmets.

Still, calling for a blackout, then not doing all you can to make it the full blackout seems weird to me.

Sounds like from what I have heard, they were going with the all black, including the helmets, but Bohn decided no to that last week. Not sure what the hold up was. maybe just that it is a nationally televised game and since so many potential Buffs would be watching, we wanted to cause no confusion by the different helmets.

Still, calling for a blackout, then not doing all you can to make it the full blackout seems weird to me.

Just out of curiosity, where did you hear this?

Why would there be confusion? Do Oregon grads think the have 3 teams? I e-mailed Coach Hawk last year suggesting a black helmet, but it was too late. Maybe others have offered the same idea and it had gained momentum. I love the gold helmet, but I see nothing wrong with the black helmet, especially with all the recruits coming in; it adds to the atmosphere and makes us appear trendy--would definitely get a lot of pub.

As an aside, if we were to go with the black helmets I would prefer a gold buffalo with a silver outline over the solid silver one.

Back