What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pick your top candidates for DC!

Choose your favorite of top 4 candidates (according to Rivals)

• Gibbs

Votes: 19 17.0%
  • Pendergast

Votes: 61 54.5%
  • Orlando

Votes: 13 11.6%
  • Seto

Votes: 19 17.0%

• Total voters
Does anyone know if it is true that HCMM wants a younger, more dynamic DC who is also a good recruiter? I certainly can buy that but then that would count out my #1 choice, Orgeron.

Does anyone know if it is true that HCMM wants a younger, more dynamic DC who is also a good recruiter? I certainly can buy that but then that would count out my #1 choice, Orgeron.

It would? It sounds like Orgeron all the way to me..

he is in his 50's

I assume young dynamic means 35 or so. Probably similar to lindgren?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shrug, Orgeron's 10 years younger than Baer so I figure he's still in it. He'd definitely fit the great recruiter part. He has never been a DC before, though, so I can't say I'd be overly excited about it. (in before people are shocked because I don't think we should sacrifice coaching for recruiting at the DC level)

Interesting name from Rivals, Rocky Seto. Didn't know much about the guy, but he's young and has the pedigree with Pete Carroll as a previous DC with USC.

Interesting name from Rivals, Rocky Seto. Didn't know much about the guy, but he's young and has the pedigree with Pete Carroll as a previous DC with USC.

Also defensive passing game coordinator for the Seahawks with Carroll. In charge of the Legion of Boom. LA native, college in LA, coached at SC, coached in Japan, and now coach's in Seattle.

Decent pedigree it would appear. Played fullback and DE in high school/college. Walked on to play DE at USC after playing at another college.

Very interesting name.

Last edited:

I would be thrilled if we hired him... especially since the PAC-12 likes to throw the ball. He's a guy who probably needs to be seen on his own before he gets an NFL D coordinator job so it's mutually beneficial. Work some magic for CU's defense, get a bigger better job maybe. Or maybe he just falls in love with the Flatirons, lol.

Love this! Timing is a mess with the Seahawks likely playing football through signing day. But if CU can get him, I'll wait if I have to.

He's the dude who made the instructional video on Seahawks style tackling that I was raving about earlier this year.

And now a prayer to help make this happen:

jobu1.jpg

Buffs, they are sick.
They cannot defend read option.
Turnovers I miss them very much.
Tackling, Buffs are afraid.
I ask Jobu for Seto to come, take fear from Buffs.
I offer him cigar, rum.
He will come.

Love this! Timing is a mess with the Seahawks likely playing football through signing day. But if CU can get him, I'll wait if I have to.

He's the dude who made the instructional video on Seahawks style tackling that I was raving about earlier this year.

And now a prayer to help make this happen:

jobu1.jpg

Buffs, they are sick.
They cannot defend read option.
Turnovers I miss them very much.
Tackling, Buffs are afraid.
I ask Jobu for Seto to come, take fear from Buffs.
I offer him cigar, rum.
He will come.

He would appear to be a candidate you likely wait for if he is interested. He will have a bit of time between the regular season and the post season for a presser and to chat with committed recruits because of Seattle claiming the NFC bye week yesterday.

Seto seems a strong candidate but all our hype about him is b/c one poster on rivals three his name out?

I dont find anything that suggests anyone has a clue who hcmm is going after

Seto seems a strong candidate but all our hype about him is b/c one poster on rivals three his name out?

Just having some fun throwing out possible names, man, simmer down.

Nothing to indicate that is who HCMM is after, but it is an interesting name. and a good one. Would check all the boxes I think.

My Cheerios, you're pissing on them. Let me have the dream for a few days. :smile2:

Will be interested to see if a new DC means a new defensive scheme. Some of the names discussed to this point have more history with a 3-4 as opposed to our 4-3 or 4-2-5 look. Maybe not a huge deal, but curious how far reaching the change will be.

Will be interested to see if a new DC means a new defensive scheme. Some of the names discussed to this point have more history with a 3-4 as opposed to our 4-3 or 4-2-5 look. Maybe not a huge deal, but curious how far reaching the change will be.

switching to a 3-4 would be problematic since we are stocked right now to run a 9-2

Someone on reddit just mentioned that HCMM recently followed Kalani Sitake on twitter... and that's the only coordinator for another team that he follows. Maybe there's something there?

Back