1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picked up The Last of Us for PS3

Discussion in 'Games' started by buffedup, Jun 17, 2013.

1. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

This game wasn't really on my radar, but stellar reviews made me decide to pick up a copy. I'm probably about 8 hours into the game right now and all I can say is "Wow"! I have had a tough time putting it down. If you like survival horror/Uncharted, you will love this game. You will probably love it anyway. Amazing story and voice acting along with great gameplay. This is one of those titles that should not slip through the cracks. I highly recommend picking it up if you are looking for something new.

J.R. Ewing likes this.
  2. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

anyone want to give me a ps3?

3. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

I want to try it out but I just picked up Bioshock infinite (awesome btw and I know I'm a little late to the party.)

4. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

I saw that it had good reviews - but I really disliked the Uncharted series, so I kind of put this one out of mind.

I did get State of Decay last weekend, and that is good times, even if it is a little rough around the edges.

5. Darth Snow

That's next on the list after I FINALLY finish elder scrolls :lol:. Pretty sure I've done 90+% of the missions etc.

6. dply

Playstation plus members get uncharted 3 for free now. I'll play that one first to see if I share Dio's views before I buy last of us.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  7. Darth Snow

at least one big difference in the two games will be the ammo. Uncharted you always could get new guns etc... Last of us is much more a hide n seek kind of game per the reviews. Limited ammo... which usually bothers me. I like to kill ****.

8. dply

It might be my favorite game ever just for its story.

9. Darth Snow

I took such a long break from the story that I barely understand it. Pretty sure I'm gonna time travel and kill some fool though.

10. buffedup

There is truth to this, but I haven't really had major issues. There are plenty of weapon options, and lots of cusomization available. It actually keeps your tension high with making sure you are prepared, and made me look around thoroughly, plus I find beating the enemies with melee weapons to be highly satisfying from time to time.

11. torerobuff

torerobuff Dancing is forbidden Club Member

I picked up and finished Infinite a couple weeks ago. It was very good, but I thought it missed when comparing it to the original Bioshock (which I first played last year). What an incredible game the original Bioshock was.

12. dply

I'll be playing that next. It came free with bioshock infinite. I also picked up part 2 on amazon for $14.

13. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

Can't wait to get. Uncharted 1 was kinda meh for me, but 2 and 3 were ****ing amazing. Sounds like this one falls more into the survival mode limited ammo type of game, which I love. I hate that Resident Evil type games have become shooters more than horror games. Having limited ammo is half of the fun!

14. buffedup

Quick follow up. I finished the game last week, and absolutely loved it from start to finish. It has tight controls, and keeps the action tense with limited (not severely) ammo and resources. The biggest draw to this game is the narrative. Some people may be turned off if they are just there to kill stuff (don't worry there is plenty of killing), but I found the in depth story telling and emotional connection to the characters to be second to none in any video game that I've ever played. Simply a stunning game that should not be missed.

15. Darth Snow

sweet. can I borrow your ps3 and the game?

16. buffedup

And deprive you of the joy of buying those for yourself? I couldn't do that to you.

17. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

after they buy me one.

j/k