What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

piling on, but trying to be level-headed.

Liver

modded mod
Club Member
Junta Member
4 years. lots of hype. physically dominated by a non-bcs team.

i think hawk is done. this staff is over its head. it is just a matter of when they cut them now.

there are still 11 games this year. they could conceivably turn it around. but, there are so many things i attribute to coaching.

snapping the ball every down with less than 5 sec on the play clock, for example... every play. easy for a defense to get a jump like that...

i want to believe and i won't ever jump over the bandwagon. but, i think this staff is through. end of story.

we will see.

You are not the only CU fan who is thinking about the next coach. I was willing to give Hawk until 2010 to turn this program around but it isn't happening. Big Mac told us to give Hawk three seasons to turn it around...we gave Hawk the time he needed and he is not giving us the results that is on par with our winning history.

i think we need to change direction. we've got some athletes. that's just plain bad execution and coaching. give credit to csu-- they wanted it more; they were better coached; they had a better gameplan; and they executed better.

this is unlikely to end well for us with this staff.

Don't forget the DII school that we just barely beat last year. Without a ****-ton of luck, we lose to them too. The thing I will always remember Hawk for is his reaction right after that game when they interviewed him. It was a total lucky, "holy hell, did that just save me" type reaction. At the time, I thought that was a freak thing, but that is what it is and what we can expect as long as Hawk is here.

There is talent on this team. We just have to use it, not sit it on the bench the whole game.

There is talent on this team. We just have to use it, not sit it on the bench the whole game.

i seriously think they are cooked. this o-line should not get worked like that. scott, one carry? speedy? gimme a break.

and, defensively, they got crushed. ... completely abused at the LOS. and the d-calls were consistently ****ed. how many out of position dbs do i have to suffer in one game?

the special teams smoke a pole too.

11 games left. it could still be an ok season. but, my faith in hawkins, which was already gravely shaken, is nearly gone.

snapping the ball every down with less than 5 sec on the play clock, for example... every play. easy for a defense to get a jump like that...

You are being charitable. I honestly think it was the last drive of the game before I saw a ball snapped with more than 3 seconds left on the play clock. Even the second to last drive, needing two scores in under 7 minutes to win, CU was running the play clock down farther than CSU did on the ensuing drive when they were attempting to run the clock.

The staff simply can't get the plays in quickly enough to get plays off before the defense has a chance to know exactly when the ball HAS to be snapped. :sad2:

Liver said:
i seriously think they are cooked. this o-line should not get worked like that. scott, one carry? speedy? gimme a break.

and, defensively, they got crushed. ... completely abused at the LOS. and the d-calls were consistently ****ed. how many out of position dbs do i have to suffer in one game?

1 carry for Darrell Scott. 1 great play from him on the screen pass - then he is NEVER seen on offense the rest of the game... How in the hell does that possibly make sense??

Down 2 scores late, they needed a big play to get back in the game. Stewart and Scott are both sitting, Sumler - a good all-around back, but the one back they have that isn't a breakaway threat - is getting all the action???

Spotting a rival team a 17 point lead in the first half of the season opener? Was this team at all ready for this game? Where was the preparation??

I simply can't see anything defensible about where this staff has this team on the field right now...

Last edited:
You are being charitable. I honestly think it was the last drive of the game before I saw a ball snapped with more than 3 seconds left on the play clock. Even the second to last drive, needing two scores in under 7 minutes to win, CU was running the play clock down farther than CSU did on the ensuing drive when they were attempting to run the clock.

The staff simply can't get the plays in quickly enough to get plays off before the defense has a chance to know exactly when the ball HAS to be snapped. :sad2:

this mystified me as well. allegedly, we ran the hurry up offense last year and with the game on the line (and only 1 timeout) best we can do is snap the ball with 2 seconds left on the play-clock?

this mystified me as well. allegedly, we ran the hurry up offense last year and with the game on the line (and only 1 timeout) best we can do is snap the ball with 2 seconds left on the play-clock?

they. don't. know. what. they. are. doing.

and i can't handle more on-the-job training on national tv.

Back