What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pitino blasts Nike & recruiting influence of shoe companies

The bold is actually a damn good point. They're consistently around #10 in the rankings, which is damn good until you realize that they're also consistently a final 4 team. He's getting more from the team than he should honestly.

As coaches, I actually respect the hell out of both Pitino and Cal. They're fantastic. As humans.... I respect them as coaches.

from Dan Hanner's preview - he agrees.

TeamCoachPlayer ORtg Relative to Expectations
Notre DameMike Brey
1.034​
PittsburghJamie Dixon
1.031​
LouisvilleRick Pitino
1.022​
SyracuseJim Boeheim
1.020​
Miami FLJim Larranaga
1.020​
Boston CollegeJim Christian
1.019​
DukeMike Krzyzewski
1.017​
Virginia TechBuzz Williams
1.013​
Wake ForestDanny Manning
1.013​
NC StateMark Gottfried
1.009​
VirginiaTony Bennett
1.005​
North CarolinaRoy Williams
1.000​
ClemsonBrad Brownell
0.997​
Florida St.Leonard Hamilton
0.991​
Georgia TechBrian Gregory

I'm glad to see him complaining, but I don't see how this problem gets solved. The NCAA sure isn't going to do anything about it. I don't see any catalyst for change.

Definitely not an easy problem to solve. But as you say the NCAA isn't going to do anything so the coaches are starting to get more vocal. Even Tad talking about the NCAA shutting down the open scrimmage before the Nuggets pre season game at the CEC. He got his dig in against the NCAA, the coaches I think realize they are going to have to lead the charge and are getting more vocal.

Back