What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

pivotal year...

I am going to re-title this thread "from the desk of captain obvious."

I have a good feeling about beating Mizzou. I think the fuskers are gonna be the hardest out of the three of KU, Mizzou and NU, with Ku a close second, I just feel we're due against KU.

I'm going to the WVU, UT, OSU and NU games because there is nothing like witnessing an upset, and it always fun pissing off and pissing on the fuskers.

Reading some of the message boards it appears that Hawkins credibility has taken a little bit of a hit. A lot more disgruntled fans than last year at this time. The Buffs need a good year...I don't think 7 wins quiets the fans very much. Hawkins needs to show this year that he can delivery on some of his claims.

I like your point about difference makers, CU needs some guys to stand up and take over a game. Like Dizon and Wheatley did at TT a couple of years ago - it seemed like they will CU to victory that game.

I agree with you except for the disgruntled part. I actually don't think there is a big difference in the number of disgruntled fans from last year to this. It's just that this year the very few disgruntled fans we do have (Jimmy) are making a lot more noise which makes it seem like there are more of them.

I think for the vast majority of fans the feeling is more along the lines of "Okay Hawk, the grace period is over. Time to start delivering". There is just a new level of resolve about our Head Coach and the program. Not antagonistic (but it could go the way quickly) but very serious about wanting to see a difference in the W/L column.

I think we need 7 to 8 with 4-5 being solid wins. If we squeak by CSU, Wyoming, KSU & ISU with lucky ass 4th down tip in the end zone touchdown as the clock runs out victories I won't be happy with 7. I want us to take care of the teams we should beat by 2-3 scores leaving no question as to who's the better team and then steal a couple of victories against ranked opponents with 4th qtr 4th down Hawk magic. I also want us to demonstrate we can beat a quality opponent on the road. If the 7 or 8 are done that way I'll be happy. I'd be happy if we crushed everyone and went 12-0 too. :smile2:

WV is a road game, cu on the road under hawk is bad. Devine and that wr jock saunders will give cu all they can handle. Morgantown is a tough place to play.

Nebraska is at home and despite how injury plagued CU was, they came within a 57 yd fg of winning in lincoln.

Their top 2 wr's are gone,as is ganz and lucky. Their defense will eb good and that rb is tough but, CU better win that game at home and I think they will.

Yes, we almost beat NU even with a lot of injuries, but that was one game. We also almost lost to a Div1AA team. It's hard to draw much from just one game.

NU will be favored to win, and with reason. I agree that losing Ganz will be tough to replace for the corn, but he also made some stupid mistakes at key moments. Hopefully their next QB does the same. As far as Lucky, he was their 3rd best RB last year.

We can definitely beat them. I in no way think we "should" win the game, though.

Yes, we almost beat NU even with a lot of injuries, but that was one game. We also almost lost to a Div1AA team. It's hard to draw much from just one game.

NU will be favored to win, and with reason. I agree that losing Ganz will be tough to replace for the corn, but he also made some stupid mistakes at key moments. Hopefully their next QB does the same. As far as Lucky, he was their 3rd best RB last year.

We can definitely beat them. I in no way think we "should" win the game, though.

Why shouldn't we? The home team has won the last 3 years. NU is not that dominant of a team and CU might even be favored by the time that game rolls around.

Year 4, game is at home, we damn well better win and should. No prisoners in 2009.

Why shouldn't we? The home team has won the last 3 years. NU is not that dominant of a team and CU might even be favored by the time that game rolls around.

Because NU finished 9-4 last year while CU finished 5-7. No, I don't think anyone outside of CU fans will think CU "should" win that game. There's probably a reason why you won't see any non-CU fan pick CU to have a better year than NU.

Like I said, I think we could win that game, but I don't see it as a game we "should win"...

Do CU fans just know more than everyone else? Hopefully!

Mizzou always recruits well, but you can't just replace guys like Daniel, Maclin and Coffman. You can replace the role players easily, but those three were studs. I'm quite happy for them to be gone.

Not saying Mizzou will be terrible by any stretch, just that I expect them to revert back to the same old Mizzou they've always been. Always dangerous, but rarely great.

Thats quite true in that weve never really replaced Stewart, Salaam, Westbrook and Johnson / Carruth At least not all at once.

Yes...year 4, and the 3 previous years we failed to have a winning season.

Year 1, and little Bo Peep had a winning season.

So did steve fairchild at csu and we beat them by 21 so,we should destroy csu right?

Who you telling about hawk and his record here? Have you ever read this board before? I've been concerned about hawk and this program and have stated so numerous times.

So we have no chance vs the fuskers, got it...

So did steve fairchild at csu and we beat them by 21 so,we should destroy csu right?

Who you telling about hawk and his record here? Have you ever read this board before? I've been concerned about hawk and this program and have stated so numerous times.

So we have no chance vs the fuskers, got it...

You can read, right? If so, you'd clearly see that I said we CAN beat NU.

What I will not say, however, is that we SHOULD beat Nebraska.

Keep up. Got it? :cool:

You can read, right? If so, you'd clearly see that I said we CAN beat NU.

What I will not say, however, is that we SHOULD beat Nebraska.

Keep up. Got it? :cool:

Home game, lost by a fg at their place. They lost key starters on offense and especially on the DL. CU will field their most experienced team in hawk's tenure in 09. I think they SHOULD win. Got it?:cool:

Home game, lost by a fg at their place. They lost key starters on offense and especially on the DL. CU will field their most experienced team in hawk's tenure in 09. I think they SHOULD win. Got it?:cool:

Home game? We haven't exactly "protected our house" since Hawkins came to Boulder.

We lost by a FG? Sort of. They also physically punched our defense in the mouth. I think Helu just ran for another first down. On the otherhand, we didn't do much of anything running the ball (averaged less than 2 YPC), and after the first 2 possessions, our offense didn't do much of anything at all.

Most experienced team in Hawk's tenure? Perhaps, but it still is lacking in many areas. Most importantly, it may be lacking in coaching.

NU lost two starts on their DL, but they also return 3 with a lot of experience. Turner is back, his replacement who started most of the season last year is back, and I think we all know about Sue.

We can win. No one outside of CU fans are looking at this game as one CU "should" win.

Home game? We haven't exactly "protected our house" since Hawkins came to Boulder.

We lost by a FG? Sort of. They also physically punched our defense in the mouth. I think Helu just ran for another first down. On the otherhand, we didn't do much of anything running the ball (averaged less than 2 YPC), and after the first 2 possessions, our offense didn't do much of anything at all.

Most experienced team in Hawk's tenure? Perhaps, but it still is lacking in many areas. Most importantly, it may be lacking in coaching.

NU lost two starts on their DL, but they also return 3 with a lot of experience. Turner is back, his replacement who started most of the season last year is back, and I think we all know about Sue.

We can win. No one outside of CU fans are looking at this game as one CU "should" win.

I'm trying to be positive, you sound more like me than I do :lol:

I agree with most of your post, I just think CU should win this game at home. Hawk talks big,he better back it up this season or we'll be rebuilding again soon.

Coaching may be lacking, but it's time to win now.

So, what are your thoughts on west virginia? It's a road game..

Because NU finished 9-4 last year while CU finished 5-7. No, I don't think anyone outside of CU fans will think CU "should" win that game. There's probably a reason why you won't see any non-CU fan pick CU to have a better year than NU.

Like I said, I think we could win that game, but I don't see it as a game we "should win"...

I see your point, but I really don't think there is much of a gap between NU and CU. And thats why I don't think it will be a major upset when we beat them.

BTW, I do know some non cu fans who think CU should beat NU in Boulder, including one Nebraska fan, or so he tells me just to make me feel better I don't know.

Look at who was on that sched WMU, San Jose and NMSU. They should have won 8 or 9 games.

Look at who was on that sched WMU, San Jose and NMSU. They should have won 8 or 9 games.

If you look at it objectively, our schedule wasn't much, if any, tougher than Nebraska's.

I remember seeing SOS rankings by various polls, and in some our schedule was ranked slightly tougher than Nebraska's, and in others NU's was ranked slightly tougher, and that was before the bowl games.

If you look at it objectively, our schedule wasn't much, if any, tougher than Nebraska's.

I remember seeing SOS rankings by various polls, and in some our schedule was ranked slightly tougher than Nebraska's, and in others NU's was ranked slightly tougher, and that was before the bowl games.

Uh sorry, but no.

We played 2 BCS conference teams including Florida St on the road. Nebraska played 1 and didn't leave Lincoln until October.

Not even close.

Uh sorry, but no.

We played 2 BCS conference teams including Florida St on the road. Nebraska played 1 and didn't leave Lincoln until October.

Not even close.

I am talking about the overall schedule. You look at the rankings, and they're close. I'd say your "not even close" comment is off-base.

Personally, I think our schedule was tougher, but in no way do I think their schedule was weak or the reason why they went 9-4 while we went 5-7.

Last edited:
I am talking about the overall schedule. You look at the rankings, and they're close. I'd say your "not even close" comment is off-base.

Personally, I think our schedule was tougher, but in no way do I think their schedule was weak or the reason why they went 9-4 while we went 5-7.

For what it's worth, when the dust settled at the end of the season, Phil Steele ranked Colorado's schedule as the 8th toughest in the nation.

He ranked nebraska's schedule as the 40th toughest.

I guess he's got a formula and stuff...

Except for a fairly lucky kick by a backup kicker, CU would have been 6-6 and NU 7-5 going into bowl games. So even if both had won, a 8-5 Nu team versus a 7-6 CU team at CUs home field should be picked by more than just CU homers. The records look like there is a much bigger disparity than I think there really is. A home game should mean it is CUs game to lose--- but that is using last year as a measuring stick. Who knows, maybe NU has the bad year with injuries and CU is a clear favorite to win the game. With a late game like that, it is hard to tell at this point.

For what it's worth, when the dust settled at the end of the season, Phil Steele ranked Colorado's schedule as the 8th toughest in the nation.

He ranked nebraska's schedule as the 40th toughest.

I guess he's got a formula and stuff...

Computer polls used in the BCS have it pretty close. Of course their schedule takes a minor hit for playing 5-7 CU while ours gets a little boost for playing them.

Let me state again. Yes, I do think our schedule was tougher, but not by a large margin. And I do not think they played a weak schedule.

Last edited:
Except for a fairly lucky kick by a backup kicker, CU would have been 6-6 and NU 7-5 going into bowl games.

Henry is not their backup kicker.

What makes you call him a backup kicker? He made 18 of 21 FG attempts, and 56 of 57 XP attempts.

He's a good kicker, who just happened to have his career long against us.

I'm so glad another thread could devolve into an intimate discussion of NU. Fascinating.

Henry is not their backup kicker.

What makes you call him a backup kicker? He made 18 of 21 FG attempts, and 56 of 57 XP attempts.

He's a good kicker, who just happened to have his career long against us.

Am I the only person who gets thoroughly confused by who BuffMania means when he says "them" and "us"??? :huh:

Back