1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Places to Go in the Little Apple

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BuffTuba, Oct 12, 2007.

1. BuffTuba

BuffTuba Club Member Club Member

A couple friends and I are heading to KSU this weekend for the game. Are there any places we should visit or eat? Anything well known or particularly good that cannot be found else where?

I know this is probably not the right place to post, but i thought i would give it a shot.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2007
  2. Highflyer

Highflyer Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Head down to....uh....um.....eh......

3. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Out of Time Square, Really Little Italy, Off Broadway, North Central Park, Nationalist China Town

4. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Aggieville!

How sad is it when the main attraction of your town are sporting events?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2007
  5. 66BUFF

66BUFF FTW Club Member

they pump the fact that they have the oldest Pizza Hut:wow::wow:

6. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

The Marianna Kistler Beach Museum of Art

A perfect location for the beach museum :confused: Or is that her name?

7. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

Can't beat the little places in the Village or SoHo.:thumbsup:

8. Skidmark

Skidmark Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

After cruising the main drag, which looks like it had been impacted by a 40megaton Wal Mart Superstore, we retreated to the Manhattan Mall food court for some Imperial Panda. Don't relive my mistake. I've got nothing.

As a Colo. History Buff, I'd point out that Horace & Augusta Tabor moved to a homestead in Zeandale, KS, which is 8 miles E of Manhattan on HWY 18. It would be cool to stand at that site, and imagine going from being a broke sawdbuster/Indian fighter to one of the wealthiest and most colorful of Coloradans simply by getting the hell out of Kansas, moving to Leadville and striking a fortune at the Matchless Mine.

Then again, the cemetery could be more lively.

9. Saulbadguy

Saulbadguy Member

If you want to drink, head to the 'Ville. Auntie Mae's and O'Malleys are two that I enjoy. People will tell you Rusty's or Kite's but those are the "greek" bars.

If you want to eat, Harry's (downtown on Poyntz) is great, 4 Olives wine and martini bar is good, or check out the Little Grill, which is near Tuttle Creek, good jamaican cuisine. Just depends on what you like, but those 3 places are unique to Manhattan, and kind of "out of the way".

Things to see - From what i've been told, KSU gardens, Beech museum are supposed to be interesting. Campus is pretty. Manhattan Town Center is just another mall. If you are in town tonight you can check out Bramlage coliseum, we are having our "Madness in Manhattan" event which showcases the basketball team and our future NBA prospects :)

Have fun. :D

10. DBT

"Sawdbuster?" I thought it was "sodbuster."

Hey, have you been to Bent's Old Fort or the Sand Creek Massacre site? I was lucky enough to get out to the Sand Creek site during the beginning stages of making it a National Historic Site. It is very eerie to stand on the bluff where the militia set up and look down by the creek where the Native Americans camped and then to visualize in your mind the massacre. It was sobering to me. Especially to think that our forfathers could look down on the indians so much as to render them subhuman to the point that murdering men, women, and children did not burn into their souls. :sad2:

Oops, breif moment of softness exhibited by DBT.

11. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Our forefathers in Colorado were particularly brutal with the Indians. Probably moreso here than in any other state. Part of that has to do with the fact that if you were in the military in Colorado, you either had to fight indians or fight the confederates. Indians didn't fight back. :huh:

12. Skidmark

Skidmark Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Sawdbuster - must have had my head stuck in the grusome experiment thread.

13. DBT

You had better watch it, buster! :lol:

14. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

I hear they have an Applebees out by the interstate. :wow: