What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Plati Thank You for sticking up for your teams!!!

I absolutely believe that Kiszla is not in any way a decent guy. I have been peripherally aware of his childish behavior for over two decades now, and I have yet to see anything that leads me to believe that he has an ounce of integrity. I don't think I could even stand to sit and have a beer with that asshole.
You have to show a glimmer of a good side at least once every few months to be a decent guy hiding in the shadow of your media persona. I have never seen it once - never.
Kiszla just throwing poop against the wall.

12/4/14 . Don't click b/c link to Denver Post.

"No. 2: Tell the Buffaloes to get lost.While the University of Colorado football program has stunk for a decade, delusional CU players, alums and administrators look down their arrogant noses at CSU. So here's how the Rams strike back: Cancel the Rocky Mountain Showdown as soon as possible. Colorado State doesn't need no stinking Buffs.
The new CSU athletic director should declare the Rams will go anywhere, anytime to play Nebraska, Oregon or Wisconsin, provided it's a home-and-home series with a date included at 75,000-seat Sports Authority Field at Mile High. Replace CU on the schedule with a truly elite football program that can win Colorado State respect in the national polls."
It would be a genuine delight to have CSU take his advice - this would be his greatest achievement.

It is laughable. Our AD asks to bring our home games to our stadium. They (CSU) says no. Our AD says this will be corrected and or the series ends. The press exposes themselves by equating CU CU to a petulant child and saying the 125th ranked class is exactly same as one ranked in the 60's. Plati defends his AD and University against twitter attacks and he's out of line. Freak in unreal.
Like BuffNik said, Plati is terrible at PR. You don't announce things like that out of a huff on twitter. While the actions may be appropriate, you always take the high road while doing it - always. He came off as a petulant child with his tweets banning certain media personalities for CU Buff interviews. This doesn't put the university in the best light.

Like BuffNik said, Plati is terrible at PR. You don't announce things like that out of a huff on twitter. While the actions may be appropriate, you always take the high road while doing it - always. He came off as a petulant child with his tweets banning certain media personalities for CU Buff interviews. This doesn't put the university in the best light.

Sigh. Makes CU look like it is being run by 14 year olds. What's next? Is Dave going to send Kisla a snapchat dick pic? Just ban him and don't recognize his existence in anyway.

kisla thinks nebraska, oregon, or wisconsin will give csu a home and home?

That is truly funny.

What a ****ing idiot.

You have to show a glimmer of a good side at least once every few months to be a decent guy hiding in the shadow of your media persona. I have never seen it once - never.

It would be a genuine delight to have CSU take his advice - this would be his greatest achievement.

Sooooooo...

CU is willing to play out the contract for a series it never wanted, but was forced upon its AD and fans? This is considered "taking their ball and going home."

But, if CSU cancels the series it helped force on CU immediately, it's justice?

I can't wrap my head around the logic.

However, I say, whatever it takes to end the game at Sports Authority is a good thing. I hope CSU really sticks it to us and ends this thing. Please Brer Rams, don't take the RMS!

Good on Plati. Be a man and stick up for your program while the true petulant child's attack it without any fact.

And respect to Plati, best SID in the country. All the programs have these archaic formats for stats and his are amongst the best I have seen. It may help idiots like Kiszla realize CSU will never have a better attendance rate than CU and his crap throwing monkey writing doesn't deserve a salary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. I just read about kisla's criminal actions vis a vis the rockies.

He should be in jail, not writing idiotic junk.

Good on Plati. Be a man and stick up for your program while the true petulant child's attack it without any fact.

And respect to Plati, best SID in the country. All the programs have these archaic formats for stats and his are amongst the best I have seen. It may help idiots like Kiszla realize CSU will never have a better attendance rate than CU and his crap throwing monkey writing doesn't deserve a salary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree that Plati is one of the best SIDs in the country and CU is lucky to have him in that role. I am grateful for his service as the the CU SID though thick and thin.

CU needs a PR professional to run their social media platforms, and that person is not Plati.

kisla thinks nebraska, oregon, or wisconsin will give csu a home and home?

That is truly funny.

What a ****ing idiot.

Nebraska would gladly give CSU a home and home. They get at least a 50/50 split in Sports Authority which would be fair since 50,000+ of the fans would be wearing red and they give CSU their normal beatdown payout in Stinkoln of $300,000-$400,000.

It would be funny to watch CSU play Oregon. Oregons offense would look like they are playing arena football, the only way they don't score in 5 plays or less is if they make an unforced turnover. Wisconsin would run over CSU with that big offensive line like a combine chopping corn down (in terms both Wisconsin and CSU can relate to.)

No, none of those schools is giving CSU a one for one except maybe Nebraska because they know they could fill it and would demand a big chunk of the proceeds. Oregon wouldn't travel well enough to make it worth their while, neither would Wiscy.

I'm somewhat of a lurker around here but I feel I can add some insight here. Having grown up with Kiszla's kid I got to know Mark a bit, he never struck me as a bad dude. His wife went to CSU and it's always been very clear to me knowing them that his allegiance in the state lies with the rams. He takes pleasure in "stirring the pot" and certainly thinks of himself as the controversial columnist for the Denver Post. Most of his takes are largely delusional, this one included. I agree that we need kill the series... Kiszla will continue to blow hot air, while the CSU fan boys continue to give him love.

Also FWIW, I work for the SID and think Plati is the man. I see no problem denying interviews to those continue to use their media platforms to bash us, Kiszla included (wether it was directed at him or not). Obviously the quickest way to change the local narrative surrounding the program is to win, but I don't think making information less accessible to those who will inevitably give us negative press isn't a bad tactic.

All that aside, if CSU wants to play at Folsom I see no problem extending the series, if not kill it. It's simple business and Rick George understands that, I trust him to do what's best for the program. GO BUFFS!

Nebraska would gladly give CSU a home and home. They get at least a 50/50 split in Sports Authority which would be fair since 50,000+ of the fans would be wearing red and they give CSU their normal beatdown payout in Stinkoln of $300,000-$400,000.

It would be funny to watch CSU play Oregon. Oregons offense would look like they are playing arena football, the only way they don't score in 5 plays or less is if they make an unforced turnover. Wisconsin would run over CSU with that big offensive line like a combine chopping corn down (in terms both Wisconsin and CSU can relate to.)

No, none of those schools is giving CSU a one for one except maybe Nebraska because they know they could fill it and would demand a big chunk of the proceeds. Oregon wouldn't travel well enough to make it worth their while, neither would Wiscy.

I don't believe for a second that Nebraska would give csu a 1 for 1, regardless of where the game was played in Colorado.

Just my opinion, but I don't see any BCS team anywhere doing that for a lower level out of state team.

Last edited:
Kiszla should have been banned from the CU campus permanantly back in 2010 for encouraging fans to turn their backs on the team at the beginning of the game at Folsom the week after the the loss to Kansas.

I'm somewhat of a lurker around here but I feel I can add some insight here. Having grown up with Kiszla's kid I got to know Mark a bit, he never struck me as a bad dude. His wife went to CSU and it's always been very clear to me knowing them that his allegiance in the state lies with the rams. He takes pleasure in "stirring the pot" and certainly thinks of himself as the controversial columnist for the Denver Post. Most of his takes are largely delusional, this one included. I agree that we need kill the series... Kiszla will continue to blow hot air, while the CSU fan boys continue to give him love.

Also FWIW, I work for the SID and think Plati is the man. I see no problem denying interviews to those continue to use their media platforms to bash us, Kiszla included (wether it was directed at him or not). Obviously the quickest way to change the local narrative surrounding the program is to win, but I don't think making information less accessible to those who will inevitably give us negative press isn't a bad tactic.

All that aside, if CSU wants to play at Folsom I see no problem extending the series, if not kill it. It's simple business and Rick George understands that, I trust him to do what's best for the program. GO BUFFS!

Thanks for posting.

fwiw, I don't think anyone is complaining about Plati's stance. The board was supportive of that. Our complain is that getting into a Twitter pissing contest (and doing it in a way that made people he wasn't directing his tweet at fire back in assumption that they had been targeted). It was just bad PR. CU got the worst of it and it would have gone a hell of a lot worse if AB and other social media hadn't jumped in to support Plati's point, Woelk's column and to turn the dialogue.

Has anybody ever highlighted the transcripts of Kizla's articles or the radio show's and sent them back to the paper asking if they support this crap. Or better yet, taken out a one page ad preferably right next to Kizla's drivel and point out his hypocrisy.

Unfortunately, I agree that CU can be a bit sensitive when it comes to the media but it comes from constant bombardment. Hard not to turtle but it takes some good direction and leadership. I think we are finally seeing that.

I agree that Plati should not have answered via Twitter. He could be a one of the better SIDs in the country and his dedication seems unmatched but PR should be handled by some else or a professional firm until we turn this mess around. The constant negativity in the Denver media is atrocious. One of the very few advantages of living out of state right now is that I'm not bombarded by the constant local attacks.

Last edited:
Has anybody ever highlighted the transcripts of Kizla's articles or the radio show's and sent them back to the paper asking if they support this crap. Or better yet, taken out a one page ad preferably right next to Kizla's drivel and point out his hypocrisy.

Unfortunately, I agree that CU can be a bit sensitive when it comes to the media but it comes from constant bombardment. Hard not to turtle but it takes some good direction and leadership. I think we are finally seeing that.

I agree that Plati should not have answered via Twitter. He could be a one of the better SIDs in the country and his dedication seems unmatched but PR should be handled by some else or a professional firm until we turn this mess around. The constant negativity in the Denver media is atrocious. One of the very few advantages of living out of state right now is that I'm bombarded by the constant local attacks.

You meant to have "not" in the last sentence, correct?

Absent from the Denver media is any serious interest to promote CU as a national contender.

The narrative is to treat a MWC team as an equal to a Pac12 team .

It's an easy argument to make when they beat us on a consistent basis! And no, I'm not going to credit wins back in the late 1800's - early 1900's.

It's an easy argument to make when they beat us on a consistent basis! And no, I'm not going to credit wins back in the late 1800's - early 1900's.

In the last 10 years, the worst 10 years in Colorado Football history, Colorado STILL has a winning record against the goats. Let that soak in a minute.

There isn't a head coach in Colorado football history that has a losing record against CSU. And yes, that includes Jon Embree.

i don't care what the media says or sheep fans. do what is best for CU and the rest will fall into place.

Interesting, what time frame are you referring to?

WinsLossesWin%
Fball 2000960.600
Fball 2005640.600
Fball 2010320.600
Bball 20001050.667
Bball 2005550.500
Bball 2010320.600

Interesting, what time frame are you referring to?

WinsLossesWin%
Fball 2000960.600
Fball 2005640.600
Fball 2010320.600
Bball 20001050.667
Bball 2005550.500
Bball 2010320.600
Could you explain WTF this chart means?

Could you explain WTF this chart means?
Football record vs CSU since 2000, 2005, and 2010
Basketball record vs CSU since 2000, 2005, and 2010
Overall record in those two sports vs CSU since 2000, 2005, 2010

The denver media could care less about college football. They bash or ignore it. But, when it comes to that almighty game in denver, it's always Cu's fault or how it's important to the state. Weak. Cu will get bashed either way, end it RG. I want to crush them more than ever and then tell them to go find someone else.

Back